I arrived just at the Spring Market was beginning and there were some many wonderful treasures. If I were a rich girl, I'm sure I could have brought home a lot of nice things, but I really wanted to use my money for new Stamps, LOL! I did buy a really pretty pair of handmade earrings, a card (to CASE) and also a cute little altered notepad that I also think would be fun to try and re-create.
After leaving that area, we were given a 20% off coupon to use at the store and that was on ALL items, except Stamps, which were on sale for 40% off!! Yippee!! I was very happy to add a wonderful selection of new stamps to my collection. I bought four more Hero Arts Stamps I had on my wish list, two Tim Holtz large background stamps, two Memory Box Stamps (Thank you and Circle Word), a very nice Outlines Background Stamp and a few misc. small stamps. I also bought the "Bitty Scallops" Memory Box die and a few more of the Big Brush Markers to complete my collection. I did really well and at the bottom of my slip, the savings showed at being over $50 -- WOOHOO! That's why I LOVE sales!!
I was back home within about 2 hours and then started to play with some of my new goodies. My first cards were created based on the new Sketch over at the Stars and Stamps Blog . This week the we have another fun sketch and one that is prefect to use up those scraps you have been collecting.
This is copy of the sketch and you can also find it here over at the Stars & Stamps Blog. You can also find all the archived sketches at this LINK!
Sketch 75
My Cards
I'm not very good at tieing bows onto my cards and if anyone has a easy tip please share! On the first (green) card, I added the ribbon, then made a bow with my bow easy and simply glued it on. On the second card, I gave up on the bow and layered on some matching flowers! I admire those of you who have the natural talent of making wonderful bows - I was not given that gift and I'm always looking for new ways and ideas of who to make the very best bows!!
My next card was created for today's CAS Challenge over at The Outlawz and I fell in LOVE with the inspiraiton card that Carla created and my card is based on her card, which I have copied over to share with you below. You can also find it along with all the details on her blog HERE or over the Group.
This is a copy of the sketch that you will want to use if you are entering this week's challenge, followed by a copy of Carla's stunning card.
CAS Sketch
My Card
And now I'm off to clean up a bit and try and finish up two more cards I had started yesterday. Tomorrow is my Mom's Birthday and I'll be visiting with her for a little while in the morning and will likely spend a lot of time in Summer Card Camp!! Yippee!! It starts tomorrow and our first PDF files and inspirations will be emailed out at midnight tonight. I can't wait to see what we'll be working on first. There is still time to enroll and you can find all the details over at Jennifer or Kristina's blogs!! If you ARE coming to camp, leave me a note with your user name, so that I can find you!! You should be able to find me, if you see my 'Chibi'! avatar.
My Chibi!!






9 comments:
Lis, I love all of your cards today. The colors on your OWH cards are so bright and cheery. I think you did a fine job with your bow. I'm not so good at it either, so I tend to stay away from them. Your Outlawz cards are also beautiful. I'm glad you had a good time shopping today. I didn't do much of anything today as my shoulder and arm started to kill me around noon time. I think I overworked them yesterday and this morning with outside work. I ended up in a sling this afternoon doing nothing. How boring. Well enjoy the rest of your night. Talk soon.
Great cards and great work at the sale! Lol have you ever tried fork bows? YouTube it. It's the only way I can tie a bow to save my life!
wow! you made out like a bandit!
I'm happy for you that you got some great bargains. Great shopping fun is what you needed after starting off the day in pain. Glad you got to feeling better and went to your LSS. I love everyone of the cards you did and your new Chilbi avatar.
Wonderful cards! What a way to use up scraps with the OWH Sketch! TFS
circlebenterprises.com
Great cards, Lisa! I love the dots and stripes together on your sketch cards. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Here we go again...see what I've missed. I'm saving an image of the sketch and your cards....way pretty!! Second, where did you get the smaller die-cut that says "wishing you happiness" and "thanks". I'm having great time catching up on your posts...haha
Hi Cely - The 'Wishing You Happiness" sentiment is from Carla's card, so I'm note sure who it's from.
Mine is from a Close to My Heart Set!! I've had it fora couple of years and it's a nice set!
Your bow is perfect! Lucky you to be shopping!
Post a Comment