If you know me, you'll know that I love whimsical images and it's rare for me to use much else on my cards. I also LOVE bright fun colors and like all my cards to be happy and fun! You'll also know that I struggle in making Male cards, even though I live in a house full of Males. It's always me and my three guys and that also in a way tends to make me a very Girlie Girl. Father's Day tends to be bittersweet for me, ever since I lost my Dad, back in 1988. There were many years where I did even like Father's Day--it was not a happy day for me. It wasn't until I had my own boys that I got back into Father's Day. I know it's the same for those who have lost their Mom's--they tend to find Mother's Day very difficult and I can surely understand.
I started my day by checking out the various new challenge and noticed that the new challenge today at 'The Outlawz' was to create a new Masculine/Male or Father's Day card. At first, I almost did not even play, because I've had NO luck in finding what I want. I was almost to the point that I had actually planned to buy my cards this year, a first in a very long time. That's when I did one more Google search -- I typed in 'Father's Day Digi Cards' and as soon as the search was done, I knew I had finally found my inspiration. I found the card I loved and it was this blog - Cupcake Cards and Crafts - The Blog! That's where I saw this adorable card and knew I wanted to make something very similar.
From -- Cupcake Cards and Crafts
Oh NO!! I want to CRY!!!
I had my very long post ALL done and I had spent almost two hours working on it. I should have known something was wrong, as Blogger kept freezing and was not acting right? Well guess what....I finished and saved it and everything looked okay! Phew! But then I made the mistake of coming back in for one minute to correct a TYPO and BLOGGER crashed and NOW I have LOST the rest of my post!!! Everything that I had from this point on is GONE!!!
Needless to say, I do NOT remember all that I wrote and now I'm much to sore and tired to type it all again!!
But, I do want to again THANK Mandy for the wonderful inspiration she provided to me and to also say Thank you to TigerFrogg for the wonderful digi images I used for my cards!
I hope to try and recover some of the details - but I'm afraid it's ALL gone! I tried to UnDO wth no luck!!!
These are the cards and I will try to re-link them to the challenges again tomorrow!!
PS: If anyone know of ANY way to automatically back up BLOG POSTS - Please share!!
I'm slowly re-creating the list of challenges that my cards had been entered into! If you see them anywhere, please let me know, as I'm not 100% sure I will remember them all!!
- The Outlawz Challenge - Greeting Cards - Masculine/Male
- Make it Monday - Challenge # 41 - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs - Challenge #98 - Father's Day
- Bows & Berries - Challenge # 7 - Masculine
- Cupcake Crafts - Challenge # 146 - Creations for Dad
- Oh La La Creations- Challenge # 82 - Something for Dad
- Squigglefly Challenges - Challenge # 102 - Make It Masculine
Thanks everyone!

12 comments:
Ohhh WOW I got a smile on my face as big as that little guys. LOL
Love your card. I saw it on Make it Monday just now.
Carolyn W
I love your cards they are so cute and quirky. Any dad would be pleased to receive one.
Saw your cards on Make it Monday
Jayne
x
Really cute and fun cards! Love them all! thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge.
Cute cute cute is all I can say! What I do is type my posts in word and then paste! So much easier. Then you can just plug your pics in! Hope it helps.
Hugs,
Marie
These are really cute cards, I am having a nosey round from Make it Monday.... good luck in all your challenges x
Omigosh, that is so STINKY! I hate it when Blogger isn't playing fair! I'm always afraid of losing stuff (especially when I log into my online classroom... I DON'T want to lose any of those posts!) so after a paragraph or two of writing I always do a select all + copy and just leave it in my clipboard until the next few paragraphs where I do it all over again. My husband calls it paranoia, but you don't know how many times this technique has saved my butt! Never had to use it with Blogger yet, but with your post I can already tell you that I won't stop! I hate re-writing stuff!
And omigosh, I can't believe that's the light you use for your pictures! I need to find me a similar one!
great card, you can download livewriter and do your blog post in there..it then saves a copy on your computer and posts a draft to your blog. You can then edit your post before you publish it, someone suggested it to me when blogger crashed a few weeks ago . hope that helps
debs x
i use live writer. it is the best! Love your work!
I came here via Make it Monday.
Wow great cards! I love the cute image! Sorry to hear about the crash... it's so annoying! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake this week! Shelly ;)
Oh Blogger is being such a pain right now! :( Love, love, love these cards though. Thanks for sharing at Cupcake. xxx
Love all your cards, they are really cute.... yes blogger has been a pain lately!
Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.
Fab cards love those images thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x
Post a Comment