Thursday, June 2, 2011

A thankful Thursday!!

...I so very thankful and feel very lucky to that we were not hit by any of the horrible tornadoes and terrible storms that swept through Massachusetts yesterday.   My heart goes out to all of those who have lost their home and sustained so much damage from the storms.  It's so unusual for there to ever be any tornadoes here, let alone several and to have so many touchdowns in several areas.   I can not imagine the upset and fear that everyone must feel going through such a dangerous storm.    Ironically, I woke up yesterday morning to the sounds of a thunderstorm that pretty much blew out to sea just north of my area and that storm was not in any way related to what happened later in the afternoon.   Just another reminder of how much our lives can change without any warning and I feel so lucky that we are safe and fine.

  Today, I'm working on some cards in between watching  lot of the new footage of the tornadoes.  My first card was created for the newest Wacky Wednesday Challenge hosted by Bugaboo Stamps.  I was very excited and happy to learn yesterday, that I was one of the lucky winner of last week's challenge over at PCP.  You can see my card from last week HERE!!   My thanks to everyone for all the happy wishes and to Bugaboo for my awesome new images.   You can see my new page on my ChallengeWins/Awards page HERE!!

  This is Week 4 of this new challenge which is hosted at PCP and also at CDAC and is open to anyone who loves challenges and Bugaboo Stamps.   Our challenge this week is a Sketch Challenge and this is a copy of the sketch for Week 4.




My Card for Wacky Wednesday

   I have submitted this card to these fun challenges and encourage you to join the fun:
    My next card is another bright and happy card and it was also inspired by a Sketch Challenge and this one is over at The Outlawz Challenge Group.  This is a copy of the Sketch for this week's Challenge -


My Sketch Inspired Card


    And I have one more for today and this one was created for the Brand New - Paper Piecing Challenge being hosted over the 'Through the Craftroom Door' Magazine.  This is a new challenge and it is OPEN to all.  Please hop on over and play along!!   We are currently on Challenge # 3 - which you'll find HERE!

    Paper-Piecing has become on of my favorite new techniques and it's another fun way to add color and texture to any image.  For this card, I started with a cute new digi image, also from Bugaboo Stamps.  I then selection a variety of digi backgrounds from this collection, which I own.   Ever since I first started to enjoy paper-piecing, I have started building a collection of digi papers and most of my favorites have come from Shery K Designs.  Her papers come in a huge variety of colors and designs and I the prices are awesome.
 
  
   And this is a close up, where you can see more of the details from the digi papers I chose for each of my little crows.   It's such a fun technique and very easy to do.  I first learned how by following a wonderful tutorial that was posted by Arielle for the The Pink Elephant, which you can find HERE!!  There are also some video's on You-Tube, but I've always found Arielle's Tutorial very easy to follow!

 

    One of these days I am going to try and make a video tutorial to share on my blog, but I can say already that it would be very much based on Arielle's technique!!
    I am off now to work on a new card and it will be for the new POM Challenge hosted today over at 'The Outlawz'.  If you would like to join in - you can find it HERE!!   And before I forget, don't forget about the SUMMER PARTY that The Outlawz are hosting this weekend.   You can find all the details on the main site and everyone is welcome to join the FUN!!

The Outlawz Summer Time Party

Starts on Sunday, June 5th!!!

   Wishes everyone a nice afternoon and again, sending out extra hugs and special thoughts for all of  those who have through the devastating tornadoes!  
   
 

 

7 comments:

Cely said...

beautiful quirky cards! and i took a look at your awards page. dang, girl! lol! there were SO many! congratulations!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you very much Cely! You are always such sweet and kind! :)

Kerry said...

Super super cute cards!!! I'm glad to hear that you are okay! i was worried... i just sent you the invite for pinterest! :)

Renkata said...

Hi Liz, such a sweet and adorable cards have you created.
have a great weekend.
Hug's
Reni

Anonymous said...

Love the cute cards, I'm glad your safe, and my heart goes out to all those families, we had really high winds here, thought our shed was going to blow away. Once in awhile we get a mild tornado and that scares me I can't even imagine the horror all those poor people went though.

Hugs, Lori M

Tracey said...

These are ALL wonderful cards Lis & such fun :)
Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with Truly Scrumptious - Summer Sparkle challenge.
Hugs Sue x

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".