Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My lucky streak continues....

  Woohoo!   I really do feel lucky lately and today is another of those wonderful days.   I found out this morning that I was one of the May Winners over at 'The Outlawz Group' and this time I won a fabulous Gift Certificate to one of my favorite stores - Susana's Custom Art & Card Design!!    Yippee!!!

 
   I want to send out Special Thanks to Colleen Holmes and all the Design Team Girlz over at 'The Outlawz', along with Susana for being such a generous sponsor.   SCACD is a monthly sponsor at 'The Outlawz' and you too could be a lucky winner of a gift certificate to this wonderful craft store.


The Outlawz Design Team Girlz
 

   If you would like to take a chance at being a Lucky Winner, now is also the perfect time, as The Outlawz are currently hosting a SUMMER PARTY, where you can win even more wonderful prizes, including another gift certificate to Susana's Custom Art & Card Design.

   
I am actually working on a card right now and it's for today's Sketch Challenge over at 'The Outlawz' which you can find HERE!   The challenge for PARTY week is to use ANY of the sketches we have previously used this year and of course, to create a project with a SUMMER theme!  You can find all the details HERE!     There is a new challenge every day and they are always a lot of fun.   If you follow my blog, you'll know that I play almost every day and truly love it.

     I'll be back a bit later to share my new card, but I can tell you that I picked this sketch for my card and this is one that we had used back in January!!

     See you all a bit later!   I hope I have now inspired you to HOP on over to The Outlawz and play along.  If you feel the need to do a bit of shopping today, then Hop on over to Susana's store and tell her that Lisa sent you.

      Update - I am back with two new cards to share and the first is the card I created for the Sketch Challenge at 'The Outlawz'.   It was based on the sketch above and the theme is Summer and to me, one summertime favorite is a yummy cocktail called 'Brian's Beach Bum'.  It is the concoction of my son, Brian and is a very popular cocktail at the pub he manages.  It's a combination of Tequila, Dark Rum and Fruit Juices and is delicious.     A perfect drink to have sitting on on the deck, down at his restaurant on a hot Summer Night.    This card was created with a cute digi from Bugaboo Stamps and it's an image that reminds me of Bri's drink.  



   My second card today was also created with another Bugaboo Image and also for the Wacky Wednesday Challenge that Bugaboo hosts each week at PCP and also over at CDAC.  The challenge this week is a color challenge and this is a copy of the color theme for the week.

   
    And this is my card with was created with this sweet Ava image from Bugaboo.   It's another happy fun card and one that can be used in many ways.  I think I'll use it as a Birthday card or maybe a friendship card!!  


  And now I am off to try and come up with some fun ideas for Father's Day cards.  I still struggle with making 'Male and Masculine' cards and I am going to be looking for some fun ideas.  If you have any you want to share -- please leave me a note!     I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon, and as always -- HAPPY CRAFTING!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love your cards, all the new things you've been adding in are fantastic.

Congrats on winning, I just love Susan's store, one you can get lost in for hours.

Hugs, Lori m

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".