Monday, June 6, 2011

Fabulous and FUN!!!!

    Today is turning out to be a really good day!  My mojo seems to be back, I slept pretty well, the sun is shining brightly and it's a beautiful blue sky day.   I love these days...lots of sun, but not overly hot and no humidity.  It's also a day where you can leave all the windows open and enjoy the nice dry air!!

    I also have been very productive and on top of spending some time outside this morning, I have a few new cards to share with you all, starting the two cards I re-vamped after being disappointed with them yesterday.  Both are cards that will be going out to OWH and both were inspired by yesterday's Sketch - which I have copied over to share.  This is Sketch # 72 and this week the group is looking for cards that say Hello, Thinking of You etc.  You can find all the details over at the Stars and Stamps Blog HERE!!



My Cards
   When I first made this card I had only one layer and did not have any Ribbon and my sentiments were not layered -- they were just too boring.   Now, they are still casual, but have a little more dimension and fit a CAS Style.

     My next two cards feature some of my latest digis that I bought this weekend from Lori Boyd.  I totally adore her wonderful digi images and thought the June set would be really fun for Summer cards.   If you would like to add some really cute Summer digis, head on over to her store HERE and check out the June Release.   I has such a hard time trying to decide which to buy, that I ended up buying the whole set!!   This is the picture of the entire set --


   Aren't they all adorable and for me it was perfect timing, because the very first challenge card I worked on today, was the new Summer Theme - Card Challenge over at 'The Outlawz'.  

  And here is the card that I created to submit to the challenge featuring Summer Time Hadley who you'll find HERE.

   My Summer Fun card is being submitted to these fun and summer inspired challenges:
   Sweet little Hadley was colored with my Copics and for this card she was printed onto Cryogen White cardstock, which is my favorite and is now being sold at iCopic, my favorite stores for Copic Supplies and so much more.  And speaking of iCopic, I was the lucky winner of one of their Color Challenges and my prize arrived today!  I am now very happy and excited to be one of the first to the own new 'Copic Coloring Guide' which is a fantastic new book by Colleen Schaan and Marianne Walker.   I first met Colleen about two years ago and took my very first Copic Coloring class from her.  I think she is an amazing artist and I have always admired her wonderful talent.   As soon as I learned she was working on this book, I knew right away that I would be adding it to my collection, when it was released.  I had it in my cart and iCopic at the time I won it, but would have happily bought it too!   Even though I have only had it a matter of hours, I'm very pleased with all the details and the wonderful color illustrations.   I think it will be well-liked by all and is would also be a great gift for any card-maker!   I also own Marianne's book and both are currently in stock and available from iCopic.  My thanks to Ashley for shipping my book so quickly!!  

  And speaking of the iCopic Weekly Challenge, my second card today was created and inspired by this week's new challenge which you'll find o the Challenge blog HERE!   It's Challenge # 33 and the challenge this week is to color Brunette/Brown Hair  and I've done that on this card.   I am also featuring another of my new images By Lori Designs and this one is Summer Time Gidget.


    This cutie was also colored with Copics on Cryogen Cardstock.  I then cut out the image with a Nestic Die and edged the background with Distress Ink in Spun Sugar.  I used a variety of cardstocks, glitter and shimmer paper to create a fun background and put it all together on a deep purple card base.  It was a fun happy card to make and definitely makes me think of Summer!   

    This card is being submitted to these new challenges and everyone is welcome to join in:
     I was very excited when I headed to Card Cupids and saw that Kristy of Some Odd Gal

   is the sponsor of the new challenge.  Kristy is also the creator of my wonderful new Chibi and if you have not seen her yet, this is my Chibi (also know as a mini me). 
   I know a few people have asked me how to find out about getting one done and I can tell you that Kristy is the gal you want to contact.  She has a new page on her blog called Chibi Chicks that has more information and details on how you can have her create a Chibi for YOU!   I really think she did a fabulous job and all of the Chibi's I have seen really do like the people they represent.   Feel free to tell her that Lisa (ThePurplePlace) sent you and that you saw her work on my blog!  I'm very happy to recommend her!!

  And that's it for now!  I am off to work on a new project and this one will actually involve using my Cricut Expression.  A tool that I do NOT use NEARLY as much as I should.  Oh ya.... and did I tell you that I am now one of the Beta Testers for Provo Craft's new Software?   Yes, indeed I have been invited to test drive their new 'Cricut Craftroom' software, which is a really cool and updated online version of Design Studio.  I've only had it a few days, but so far, it's really awesome!   If you have not heard about it yet, hop on over to the Provo Cricut Website  and look under the Cricut Craftroom and you can see some screen shots etc.   I can't wait for it it come out and be available for ALL.    The best part is that I'm told is will be FREE.....Yes!  it will be FREE for everyone!!  If you are interested in being a tester that is also where you can sign up as they are adding new people each week!!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Super cute cards, Lisa! I love that plaid paper on your sketch cards. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Rachel said...

You've been busy! Fab cards! I love your summer sun card, fab image and your colouring is great...I also love that cute backing paper. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Carlie M. said...

These are so cute! Love everyone of them! Thanks for joining us on Sweet Stampin'!

Anonymous said...

Lis, I love your OWH cards. May be casual, but beautiful all at the same time. Love the colors and the plaid paper. Your other cards here are also great. Love your coloring. going to be hot the rest of this week, too hot for me. Enjoy your day.

Granny Gee said...

Beautifully clean n simple card :D The embossed "bubble" background is very clever! Thank you for joining in at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Zoe said...

Adorable card, the image and papers are just so perfect for our challenge, its really summery!Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week, good luck, hugs x

Anonymous said...

Love your cards! You have a certain style, that really says it is you! Love that!
Thanks for joining us at creative cowgirls challenge!
marianne

thescrapmaster said...

All your projects look fantastic, but I am partial to the brown hair image :) You totally rocked the iCopic challenge this week!
Hugs,
Samantha
iCopic DT Leader
www.thescrapmaster.com

Kelly said...

Your coloring is adorable as is your image. May I request that you link your challenge entry directly to the challenge instead of your blog name, it makes it much easier to locate your card. Thanks so much for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".