I had hoped to find a lot of new challenges today, but I've found that a lot seem to still be focued on Father's Day and male or guy cards and to be honest....I'm sick of that them and ready to try something new. I really do not do all that well with Male cards and also find it's more fun for me to make bright happy cards.
My first card today was created for this week's new CAS Challenge over at SSC and will also work out well to be a nice card to send off to Operation Write Home. I have a huge selection of cards that I really need to go through and get read to ship off to OWH. I like to donate all the cards that I make for Challenges and I'm behind on getting many packages mailed out this year. I may actually start on that today and see how many cards I can prepare. I like to send my all stamped and tucked, so that it's easier on the shipper.
This CAS card was based on a bit of a recipe, yet it was one that I found hard, even though for some, I'm sure it would be easy. The idea was to create a card using basic shapes. Circle, Squares etc., After some thought I did come up with a card and for my card, the shapes are rectangles, ovals and a circle. This is the card I submitted:
My next two cards were created today and were both based on the new Sketch from the Stars and Stamps blog, which I have copied over to share here:
Sketch # 74
My Cards
If you are interested in creating card for Operation Write Home - please go HERE for all the details! It's a wonderful group and I'm honored to do my little part to help out. Every card helps and OWH is now working towards the new 'Second Million Card Challenge' and you can find all the details about that challenge by clicking on the link below!!
I'm off now to start sorting through all my cards and pull out all the cards I have read or need to get ready to ship off to Operation Write Home.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day -- and to all the Dad's out there -- Happy Father's Day!!


11 comments:
Wonderful cards Lisa! Glad you're having sunshine can you send some my way please - it is freeeeezing here today.
hugs
Tracey
xx
Beautiful cards! I agree with the father's day challenges. :( I'm done! LOL!
Those are wonderful cards. Super simple and fast. Great for getting out for the Soldiers. I hear they are in need of birthday cards any age all different kinds.
Hugs, Pat
Great cards! I would have really liked to have seen the hugs card made in the OWH just because I have never seen that cut before. TFS!!!
Lisa, All the cards are lovely, but I especially like the die on the first card! It really gave it a lot of dimension. AND they are happy cards! Blessings.
Cute cards, Lisa! Love that polka-dotty paper! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Wonderful cards Lisa! I love the bright polka dotted paper and it's particulary nice how you used it twice in the Miss You card.
I'm with you on the "happy" cards! You did a great job, and these cards will make someone very happy!
Love the CAS cards, they are simple yet perfect! I'm totally loving the sunshine as well. Love the beautiful weather. :)
Hey, I gave you a blog award! Go to my blog to claim it! :)
Great cards again Lisa! I love the polka dots and especially the teal die cut on the first one! Nice job on them all!!
Post a Comment