Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Woohoo -- and A big THANK YOU!!

   I was so excited this morning when I went over to the Through the Craftroom Door site and saw that my friend Kerry was the winner of this month's Challenge!!  Yaay Kerry!

   And if that was not enough nice news to start my day, I then headed over to Bugaboo to see what the new Wacky Wednesday Challenge was and that's were I found out, that I was the Winner at CDAC last week -- Yippee!   Below is my newest Badge, and it has now been  added to my Challenge/Award Page -HERE!
     As you can see I have been incredibly lucky in the past several weeks and won so many awesome challenges!  It's a joy and I am very thankful!   My thanks to you ALL!! - I am so amazed when I look at my Award Page, to how many challenges I have won and that's exactly why I decided to create a special page, to give credit to all those wonderful sponsors and group who come up with all these fun challenges!

   Today I hope to work on some new cards and I can say already that there are so many wonderful challenges out this week.  I want to make a card for the new Wacky Wednesday Challenge, and I also have two challenges to do over at The Outlawz Group, not to mention the brand new challenge that started today at Through the Craftroom Door.    And ALL of these are just a few of my favorite challenges and the ones I love to join each week.   If you are like me, then you never really think about winning and simply play along for FUN!   I started taking part in challenges to practice card-making and then later to practice coloring with my Copics.  Now...I just love them and love meeting the others who take part.  It's such a fun crafty world and fun of wonderful people and friends.

   I'm a lucky girl and I want to again say Thank You to everyone who comes by to visit and leaves me such sweet comments.   I feel really lucky to have a hobby that I'm so passionate about and a hobby that most days, I can do!    A big HUG to all my friends and I hope you all have a fun-filled day!    May it be full of happiness, love and lots of craft time!!
~~~~~~~~~~

  Afternoon Update:  I am back with a few new cards to share and it's just one of those days, where I am not thrilled with how they all came out.  All the cards were inspired by a variety of challenges and some were a bit out of my comfort zone, but I still tried to come up with something fun and news!   I start with the card that I liked least in the end, and sadly it's the card I made for this week's Color Combo Challenge over at 'The Outlawz'.  As soon as I saw the colors, I knew it was not going to be easy for me, as I tend to love bright happy colors and don't often create with the more earthly colors.   I did come up with a great idea and it started with a 'tree' stamp from my stash.   I stamped the tree in Brown Pigment ink and then added brown embossing powder and heat embossed it.    That's when I should have stopped, as the embossing did not come out very good and was not nice and shiny, as I had hoped.  I've found I never seem to do well whenever I use Zing Embossing Powder...!  It simply does NOT work well for me and after today's failure, I am tossing the rest out!   From now on I'm sticking with Ranger and Hero Arts as they always work great! 
In the end, the card was okay, but is not one of my favorites.  I also had some trouble with my photos today and even with my Ott light, they seem to be a bit too dark?
   This is a copy of the Color Inspiration that I copied over from the The Outlawz to share on my blog!

Color Inspiration

My Card

   As you can see, browns/tans are really NOT my colors and despite putting time into making this card, I am not loving it, even though it does look better in person!  For the splash of Silver, I added three silvery brads down the left side and layered a variety of brown/tan cardstock and papers for my background.

   My second card is also another one that I am NOT loving and this card was also inspired by a new Sketch Challenge today, also being hosted by the 'Outlawz'.  This is a copy of the sketch that we had and as soon as I saw the sketch, I thought it would be a great way to try out one of my new Memory Box dies.
Sketch Inspiration
 My Card
 
  This is not my worst card ever, but it's very washed out looking to me and just seems to be missing something.  It also does not show just how fabulous this die is.   Here is a link that shows this Memory Box 'Whimsy Circle, which I love.  I know that there will be lots of uses for this die, it's so pretty and very delicate! 

  And this is another of the new Memory Box dies I bought yesterday, and you'll see it used in my next card, which is one that I actually liked today!

     I was so impressed when I saw these new dies and the wonderful samples that Memory Box had at my LSS.   I also LOVE their papers and stamps and think they have such a lovely line of products.  This is when it's so nice to have a LSS along with some fabulous online stores to shop from!   The box stores, NEVER have these really nice product lines and it's a shame.  I'm always very disappointed when I go to AC Moore or Michael's, especially since I know there are so many other wonderful products available!

   This card is much more my style, I love the colors (purple, of course) and also really love how the new die worked out on this card.  It was really fun and quite easy to make.   My image is from Bugaboo and is one I've had for quite some time, but really love to color.


  

    The white lace that I used on this card, is also a brand new product I found yesterday at my LSS and I LOVE it.  It's Lace Tape and is by decollections and comes on a roll and still so easily!  It also comes a few other colors - Pink and Cream, are what I saw!   I can tell you already that it's aweosme and I will buy more on my next visit.


    This card is being submitted to these new challenges and everyone is welcome go join the fun:
  And I have one more card to share today and this is another one that I was happy with in the end, even though was also created in darker colors.  This card was inspired by the new challenge over at StampFairy and their theme this week was to create a project with a Masculine Touch.

   I was really excited to see that the card I submitted to their Challenge last week was picked as one of the Top 3 and I earned another adorable badge for my award page!   Thanks Gerda!!


  And this is my card for the new challenge, which features - Lenny, who is my favorite bear from the StampFairy collection.   I paper-pieced him into a cute little outfit this week and then used Copics to color his tie and little nose.  I also went with the darker colors for a more Masculine look and so that I could also submit him to a few more challenges also looking for the same theme.


  My Hugs card could easily work out to be a fun Father's Day Card or even a cute Birthday card for any Male.  I am submitting it to each of these new challenges:
   And that is all I have for you now.  I have several more challenges that I'm planning to take part in and I have a list printed out on my desk with some ideas in mind.  If you like challenges as much as I do, then I highly recommend you stop over at Feline Playful and check out the wonderful list they update each day!  It's a fantastic site and is one I follow every day!!

 

22 comments:

Dawn said...

cool cards, I like the flower die thing, it's really neat. I had to lol, I was gonna ask if you liked purple when I saw the name...LOL cute blog!

Kerry said...

Woooo.. what a set of awesome cards!!! Love them very much! And big CONGRATS to you on your winning. I went to AE today too and brought the same border!! So cute!

Ann said...

Love all your beautiful cards Lis! I ordered the Grand Calibur today, and now I need to get some really good deals on nesties.....

Gerda said...

Very cute Lis, love all the new creations!! The paper piecing was a great idea!

Thanks for playing with us at Stampfairy Challenge.

Hugs, Gerda

Peggy said...

I love the memory box dies!! Great cards. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Annette said...

Love the paper piecing Lis, I really need to try this more (I'll add it to the list of inspiration I get from you, right under the tied buttons!!!) Congrats on your award at Stamp Fairy last week, and good luck this week. Annette xx

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy hunny! great to see you opn top form and also joining in the fun at Stamp Fairy too! hugs Samantha :0)

sgc said...

Cute cards! You have been busy:) Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

sgc said...

Should have read your challenges a little more carefully! Congratulations on your wins--hope that continues. Thanks also for playing along with the Bugaboo Challenge.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful creation! Thank you for joining us in our "chocolate" challenge at Critter Sketch! Good Luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Linda said...

Great card Lisa! Love the colors. Thx for playing Stampavie and more challenges! Hugs, Linda.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Lenny is a real doll in polka dots! Loving all your creations as usual hun! Thanks so much for playing with us at StampFairy.

Deanne :)

Paul said...

That die is very effective on your Bugaboo card. Thank you for joining in with our Pearls and Lace challenge at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug blog. I know it was a personal challenge for me but an enjoyable one and hope you felt the same. Fingers crossed we see you for the next challenge on Saturday.
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Larissa said...

Great cards Lis! I love your paperpieced Teddy. So adorable. Thanks for joining us at the Stampfairy challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

Hi Lis, first of all congrats on all your wins yay I am so happy for you :) and then wow, your cards are gorgeous, StampFairy one is a darling and the others are just so elegant, the dies are gorgeous. Hugs xxx

Thank you for joining us at Stamp Fairy this week and good luck xx

Carissa said...

Aww, Lenny looks so cute in polkadots. Thanks for joining us on the StampFairy challenge this week. Hugs, Carissa

Min said...

Lisa - your butterfly card is just FABULOUS! I just love these Bugaboo Butterfly images! Perfect for just about anything! Thanks for joining us for the Catch The Bug Challenge this past week! Hope you'll join us again this week!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Mandy said...

My you have been busy,all beautiful cards....Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Crafts,hope to see you next time....
Mandy x

Jackie Randolph said...

One more to add to your collection of adorable Lenny's.. Love his paper pieced outfit and a fabulous job with the masculine papers. Thanks ever so much for continuing to join us at Stamp Fairy !

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the paper piercing on the bear with his little tie, really great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Sharon Basel said...

Adorable Lis! I just love the paper piecing - Lenny looks so cute in his dots! All around terrific card - thanks for sharing it at StampFairy! Hope you're doing well - congrats on your recent challenge wins!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Lisa said...

Some really pretty cards you have there!! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".