Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Gem of a Challenge!!!

  Thankfully this afternoon has been better then the morning.  My meds seem to be working better now and myh pain level is better, which is a pleasant change.
    I have been working on two cards and one is card for a challenge over at the "A Gem of a Challenge" blog and the theme for this month is "A Special Birthday".  I wanted very much to make my card for my son, Alex who will be turning 18 on Friday, but all of the stamps I have from Pink Gem Designs are all very "Girlie Girl" and just would not work out very well for Alex's card! :)   On the upside I have several adorable images that I adore from Pink Gem and I knew I could make a wonderful card for a "Sweet Sixteen", and I started by choosing one of my favorites, which is "Sitting Chloe".   Isn't she a cutie!  I actually won her after winning their very first challenge in February and I thought that would make it even more special to use her for this card.


   I think this is such a darling image and I have loved it ever since I first saw it.  I love the little hearts and thought it would be perfect for a "Sweet Sixteen" card.  I hope you will like her too and hope on over to the challenge blog and enter a card of your own.
   So far, I still have NOT finished a card for Alex that I like.  I think I have now made four of them, and I just can NOT seem to be thrilled with ANY of them.  Making any 'male" cards is always a huge challenge for me.  GO Figure!  You would think having two sons and hubby that I would be used to making male cards, but I'm not and I struggle with them.  On the other hand, making sweet little "girlie girl" cards I LOVE and could make them all day long!!  
   Off again to see what I can come up with next!!  If you have any suggestions for Alex's birthday card...please feel free to share your ideas, I'm feeling "stumped"...?? 

 




9 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Lisa,
I love your sweet sixteen card..Gorgeous colouring...I always struggle with men's cards so I know how you feel...Thank you for joining in with us again at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx

Renkata said...

Hi Lisa,
It's me Reni
I am the same with cards for men's and expecialy when I want very special card to make :)
Your card is very sweet .
Hug's
Reni

Christine said...

Hi Lisa this is soooo sweet love your cute image & colour combo is gorgeous..thanks for sharing & joining us at A Gem of a chall.

Hugs Christine xx

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you ALL so much! I really think Janet's (Pink Gem Designs) images are wonderful and absolutely adorable.

I always have fun creating with them and this is one of my FAVORITE challenges!!

Happy Crafting and thanks again!!
Lisa

Jennifer said...

Great card...good luck with 'A Gem Of A challenge!'xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love this card! So pretty and I love the image. Lisa you did a super, duper job on this!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous honey, love the image you have chosen, great take on the chalenge too, thanks for joining us at "A Gem of a Challenge" big hugs Pops x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a cutie, fabulous card Lisa.
luv
Debby

Janet said...

Oh wow Lisa this is delish.....your colouring is superb!! I am going to put this on the Pink Gem Designs customer gallery xx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".