....Today I have been working on a few different challenge cards and having a good day. My Fibro Flare seems to be much better and it's a nice sunny, blue sky kind of day. My favorite!
One of the cards, I have been working hard on this week, is for the latest challenge over at the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Blog, and this challenge is to "Create A Scene" which was indeed a challenge for me.
I really LOVE the technique, but it's pretty new to me and takes time to learn and do well. The idea is to use several images together to create a scene. If you are not familiar with masking in stamping, you can find a very nice tutorial over at Stephanie Nester's blog HERE ! Stephanie is a wonderful crafter and also a member of the DT at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. You can find more of her awesome creations on her blog "My Card Shack".
It did take me a while to get the card stamped, olored and put together, but it was fun and I really liked practicing this technique.
And this is a slight different, close-up view.
For my card I used 3 different Stamps. My "Tilda" image, the "heart" fence, which was stamped twice and also the little "Butterfly Flowers" stamp, which was also stamped twice. All three are Magnolia images.
I had recently learned this technique at a Magnolia/Copic coloring class I took at my LSS. In that class we learned to use the "Tim Holtz Masks", by Ranger. I bought a set after my class and it was great having them for this project. If you are not familiar with them, you can find them HERE!
I also am adding a great video done by Jennifer McGuire that I had bookmarked from having taken her "A Year In Cards" classes. The video is very easy to follow the only difference for me, is that I now use Tim Holtz Masks instead of "stickies", but the technique is the same.
I'm now working on my card for this week's Copic Colour Challenge will be posted soon!
6 comments:
What a cute card! You could enter it into the 'Make A Scene' challenge at Paper Sundaes, too, for the current challenge, and it would qualify you for a bonus entry for the hAnglar stAnglar stamp, too!
Lisa, your card is marvelous and you certainly did a great job on the challenge!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!
ps.: I have a blog candy, stop by to check it out (http://handmadebyvivi.blogspot.com)
xxx
Vivi
Great job Lisa! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Hugs, Stephanie
How often do you have to refill your purple copics? Always good to see you at the MSL challenge, your creations are inspiring. Cindy2
Hey Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you having a spectacular Sunday? I hope you had time to catch up with our show!
It seems you are a very good student! You card is so sweet and the coloring so vibrant! Great dimension!
Super hugs my friend!
Anary
great little scene Lisa. thanks for playing along with us again.
Post a Comment