Friday, April 16, 2010

Fibro Fog and me....

   It's been a much better week as far as my Fibro flare, but my Fibro "Fog"....well that continues to make me as "forgetful" as ever!   And speaking of being so forgetful,  this post includes my OOPS card that I created for the "Color Combo" Challenge over at  SSC.  
  As you can see the Challenge is to use three colors on a background of your choice and those three colors are - RED, BLUE and PURPLE!!
  I started the card yesterday shortly after another card and the first thing I did was pick out my cardstock, so I would be sure to use the right colors...LOL!!!  
   And this was the card I proudly finished and was all set to post for the challenge --

   It's a cute and I worked very carefully to make sure I used a white background and colored my sweet little "Itty Bitty Betty" to be sure she matched the colors.   But, do YOU know what's WRONG with my card?   This is my OOPS card and I didn't even realized my mistake until I was about to upload it to the SSC Gallery.  What wrong is that there is GREEN and no PURPLE.  I mixed up my colors and had "green" instead of PURPLE.  Now how in the world that happened, I'm not sure, but I think it was because this week's challenge at Pixie Dust Studio is to  "Use Green" as your main color!  LOL!  And that was the next challenge card I had planned to work on!!  I had looked at that blog just  before I started this card, can you believe it!!  ME...the girl who LOVES all things PURPLE, forgot to use my FAVORITE COLOR!!   Geessh....!!  This is a true and comical example of Fibro Fog and how quickly I can mix up or forget things, LOL!    In the end, ALL I could do was laugh and it did make me smile!
   Another thing that may have thrown me off was a card I had finished just before this one, and it was also for a challenge at SSC.  This card was created for the Weekly Card Challenge and this week the challenge was to use "Inchies", those fun little one inch squares that are so cute and fun! 

  If you are looking for "Inchies" or other ideas and things to create with them, then I highly recommend, the "Inchie Inkling" site blog, which you can find HERE!!  It's a really fun blog that was created by Ellen Hutson, who also sell "Inchies" and their cute little accessories at her store, which is HERE!!  I have shopped with Ellen a few times and always been very pleased!   The packages always come with a little treat and everything is packed beautifully.   My last purchase was a while back, and I was shopping for the larger size (1 1/2")  "Inchies+" which are a half inch larger and also sold HERE!!  I have used both sizes to make cute little "Fridge" magnets and plan to work on some new updates this weekend.   I also have created many of my own Inchies by simply buying a one inch-square punch and punching them from cardstock, patterned paper and chipboard.  It's been fun to use them again and has inspired me to use them more often!   I'm happy to see them "back" again and now that I dug my out, I want to use them for some fun NEW projects.  If you have any new "Inchie" ideas, please share!
   Hope you had a laugh with me and my OOPS card....!  Ultimately I think that the green "Inchie" card is what started the mix up!  But, making cards is all for FUN, so I really don't mind! 

No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".