Today, has been a nice day, the SUN is shining and the temps are MUCH warmer! It's nice to to have to keep turning the heat up or run an extra heater in my craft room.
Today, I spent a lot of time organizing in my craft room and I also re-arranged some of my "stash" again. I had been on a little craft 'shopping spree' the past couple of weeks. Now that most of my packages have arrived, I wanted to take time today to get everything organized and neatly put away. I like all of my craft things to be neatly organized so that I can easily find things and make sure to use all my wonderful products. I had placed a Stampin' Up order with my friend Cindy, last week and today it arrived. I've been slowly buying all their ink pads and I really LOVE the DU dye ink sets and want to eventually have all the colors to complete my collection. As of today, I have the Bold Brights Rich Regals and today my Subtle Pastels arrived. The are such a nice quality Dye Ink and I LOVE all the fabulous colors. ALL three sets fit perfectly in one drawer of a nice unit that I have next to my desk. I love how you can "store" them in the their original boxes, and simply take out the whole box to find your matching colors. I also had ordered a couple of designer paper packs from the Clearance Rack and two of the SU Brand Glue Pens after hearing rave reviews on them. If you love SU and are looking for a wonderful demo to shop with, I can highly recommend Cindy. She's a dear friend and a very talented crafter. I was thrilled when I found it she was going to be sellig SU, as I had also wanted it, but didn't know anyone who sold it! She's awesome...just check out her website and you'll be impressed!
Once I finished putting away my SU goodies, I worked on organizing my Cricut Cartridges, after receiving my "Stand on Salute" which I won on eBay last week. In the past few weeks, I've been very lucky on eBay and won some awesome cartridges and also a second Jukebox, all for great prices. I LOVE a good auction win and eBay is where I always go first for ALL my Cricut Cartridges. WooHOO! I now have 2 Jukeboxes connected together and it's great to be able to cut from 12 different cartridges without having to change any out. I can even use my Design Studio and put 12 different shapes (one from each cart) on one 12X12 page, save it and then simply make sure I have those (twelve carts in the Jukeboxes, and cut it over and over and over without having to changes ANY carts! I had one before with six, but 12 is even better and saves a ton of time. The other carts that I have recently won and LOVE are -- "Sentimentals" and "Create a Critter". The only cart I still would like to get soon is "Just Because Cards" and maybe Paper Pubs, since it is going to be retired soon.
Another order that arrived today was from one of my favorite stores and that was a box of goodies from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. I bought some "new" goodies along with some favorites that I needed to stock up on. Two of the new products I ordered after watching some new "stamping" Tutorials by Marti Willis over at the "Through the Craftroom Door" website. This new site is fabulous and is open ONLY to those who subscribe to the "Through the Craftroom Door" Publication, which just released it's first issue on April 1st. It's a wonderful new craft magazine co-written by Marti and Suzanne Dean and the website is a bonus for all the subscribers. If you are interested in ordering the magazine and having access to the website, then please click HERE! I get both the PDF file and the Hard Copy and really enjoyed the first magazine. I'm also happy to say that Marti is an awesome Stamper and very good with her Cricut Expression and she will start offering "Cricut Expression" classes very soon over at the Color-Me Creative Classroom. The same classroom where Suzanne offers her Copic Coloring classes. They also plan to continue to expand the classroom offerings and I am thrilled. I am a current student in Suzanne's Level I and II Copic Classes and I LOVE them! I'm a huge fan of Copics and Suzanne has always been one of my favorite designers. It's been a blast to be in the classes, to learn from her and also be part of a fun new group! I've met a lot of my "craft" friends in the classes and already made a few new friends too. Sending a SPECIAL HELLO to Lisa, Reni and Linda - three very talented ladies who also enjoy the classes and who all LOVE their Copics.
It was after a CHAT last week and I placed my order from Susan's to try "Vanilla" Smooch" based on Suzanne's and Anari's recommendation and I am also trying "Tack and Peel" based on one of Marti's videos. I also stocked up on some Star Dust - Stickles, a new set of Prima Stamps, to use with my Viva Pearl Pens and some more, of the wonderful Prima Roses and a a new "White" ink pen to use with my Copics. Shopping at Susana's store is always a pleasure and I have been shopping with here for quite some time. Susana (not to be confused with Suzanne, although they are awesome friends) is a joy to buy from. She ships super fast and packages with great care. She has some wonderful products, especially the exclusive Stamp lines that you can find ONLY at her store. I can order on a Friday and as long as I get my order in early, it will be delivered on Monday and to me that's awesome, as the store is on the West Coast and I am on the East Coast. Now that is excellent service and everything is always in perfect condition. Thanks Susana!!
So as you can see I had a very productive day. I also started working on some challenge cards and have one I will upload shortly. Right now...I'm beat and ready for a long hot shower...some quiet time and then will be all set to watch tonight's episode of "Dancing With the Stars"!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".
No comments:
Post a Comment