Friday, April 16, 2010

A Year In Cards - April 2010

   One of my favorite challenges has always been the month "Card Challenge" hosted over at Two Peas.  It's called - "A Year in Cards" and each month (on the 15th),  the very talented Kristina Werner posts a new tutorial video along with a down-loadable PDF file, which teaches you three different card ideas.  The them for this month was "Feminine Cards" or "Mother's Day" cards and you can find the class and video HERE!
    I have been taking part in this class since back in January of 2009 and never miss a month.  If you are a member at Two Peas in a Bucket, you will also each a "Badge" for each class you participate in, once you upload your cards to the Gallery.

    This month I really enjoyed the class and had a great time working on my cards last night.  These are my cards for the April Challenge -





    You can also find them over at Two Peas, by clicking here!!  I would LOVE for some of my crafty friends to join in and take part in this fun class.  You will also be entered to win a gift certificate to Two Peas for her challenge and class you participate in!   Have FUN!!
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, these cards are STUNNING! Oh so gorgeous and beautiful and I love the layering and no coloring!! How awesome! The colors are magnificent and your mom is going to love them! I would be proud to give my mother any of them. Super, duper great job!

Unknown said...

PS. I love the ribbon, borders and butterfly too! I keep looking at them!

Create With Joy said...

These are beautiful Lisa - I really have to remember to check out these classes one day!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

ThePurplePlace said...

Colleen,
These were ALL really fun and very easy to make. You should try them and/or download the PDF file and save it for another time. THIS challenge is one I've been doing every month for over a year and I LOVE it!!

TRY IT and I'll bet you'll find you like it too. Kristina is very talented and I have learned a lot from her in the past year!!

Go to 'Education" at Two Peas for OTHER classes too!!

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/education.asp

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Ramona,
Nice to see you stopping by! I think you would LOVE the classes too!!

Hope you are well! I try to get over to your blog one or twice every week or so, while I am blog hopping!!

You have all the links to the BEST Candy!! YOU GO GIRL!!

GOOD LUCK!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".