Saturday, April 10, 2010

THANK YOU ! Colleen!!

   Ugh!!!....today is NOT at all a good day....at least not for me and my Fibro!  I went to bed with awful neck pain and woke up the same way...Grrrrrr!   It's another Fibro Flare and annoying and painful and not what I wanted for today.     Such is life when you have Fibromyalgia and Degenerative Disc Disease, but it still can really upset me at times, and today is just one of those days!!  Needless to say, I won't be online too much today and will be resting.  I'm going to take an extra pain med, add some heat to my neck and hope it feels better later, so I can color and craft.

  And speaking of coloring and crafting --  Before I sign off, I want to send out a very SPECIAL "THANK YOU" to my friend Colleen for the amazing RAK gift she sent me this week.  I still can not believe it and I am totally amazed at her wonderful surprise.   She sent me an entire box full of  "Stamped Images" to color and create with and I can not begin to tell you how wonderful that gift was to receive.   She took the time to take her collection of wonderful stamps (and its' an amazing collection), and she then stamped me at least ONE of every image and the majority are from one of my favorite lines, which is Magnolia.  I never even knew they were that many stamps and I'm in "image" heaven.  I literally have days and days of coloring to do and a huge variety of adorable images.
  This picture does not begin to show ALL of the images, but I wanted to show you how LUCKY I am!!

 
  THANK YOU COLLEEN!  
   I am still in awe just looking at all of these wonderful images.  Your gift will be greatly cherished and something I will use for a long long time!!  YOU ROCK!!



3 comments:

Renkata said...

wow Lisa, you are lucky girl.
I hope you are feeling better today.
I don't know what mean your iilnes ,but I know what is to have neck pain.... oooofff.

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Reni!

I am VERY lucky! It's such a wonderful gift and was a total surprise. I'm still enjoying looking at ALL the images and started coloring two of them, this morning. I LOVE every ONE!! :)

I am feeling better today and I thank you for asking. You are very sweet and it's been nice getting to know you and your wonderful artistic talents.

Enjoy your trip and have fun coloring! See you in class too!!

Lisa

Lisa

Unknown said...

LOL, I wish I could have been there to see your face when you opened the box!!! I knew you would never, ever be able to guess what I was sending. It was my joy and pleasure, you are one of the kindness and sweetest person online and I so love your friendship!!

Hugz!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".