Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A fun day....

  Today has been a very fun and creative day for me!  I have spent most of my day in my craft room and that's always a joy.  I did a lot of coloring and have been working on projects for upcoming challenges and new releases at StampFairy and also at Baby Bud Designs.   
 
  I also am very excited to see all the new members who have already joined 'The Outlawz' group and want to thank everyone who has joined and hope you are all enjoying the group.   I see a lot of familiar faces and can't wait to see everyone playing in the challenges!  It's awesome to see that the group is taking off so quickly and I want to thank Colleen and all the Design Teams members for ALL the work they did to get the group up and running so quickly!  Way to go Girlz!!

   I have one very easy card to share now that was inspired by a few new challenges, two from   'The Outlawz'.  The first was the Color Combo Challenge, which you can find over at the site HERE!  I also found that my card also worked out well for a few more challenges (see below). 

 
   My little Birthday Card is also being submitted to these fun challenges:
     I also wanted to tell you about the new Distress Ink Coloring class  I am now enrolled in over at the Color Me Creative Classroom.   This is the classroom created by Suzanne Dean and where she offers four levels of Copic Coloring Classes, which I also love and highly recommend.  This week Suzanne launched a new class on the technique of coloring images with Distress Inks.   For a outline of the classes and more details on signing up - please go HERE!   The class is being taught by Angie Hunt and she's awesome.  If you are interested in this class, I would sign up now, while it's being offered an an Introductory Rate.

   And don't forget about the Bi-Weekly Copic Coloring Challenge also over in the Classroom, which is FREE and open to all.  The current challenge is 'Coloring fur' and is being sponsored by StampFairy, which is especially exciting for me.  This is the card that I created and submitted to the challenge. 


    And now I'm beat....time to say goodnight and sign off for the day!   We are under another Storm Warning, which they say could likely be another Blizzard, with even more snow than the first one.  We are now expecting over a foot of snow, with strong winds!   I just HOPE we do not lose our power again....!  As much as I don't like the snow or cold, I can deal with it all, as long as we have heat and power!   Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!  

   Goodnight all!!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Hi Lisa! You've been a busy girl! I adore the Dog with the balloon...such a sweet card! :)

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

Hi Lisa cute card! I just sent out your blog candy today. .let me know when you get it & what you think.. thanks. I'll have more candy this week.

Sharon Basel said...

Oh Lis I love your Lenny bear with his fur colored so perfectly. Your card is so beautiful - lovely colors and again those textures are fantastic.
Hugs,
Sharon

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Love all the pink!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Trina said...

These are both extra cute!

Trina said...

I hope you're staying warm; the weather report for your way wasn't looking so hot when I watched the news last night...

Anonymous said...

WOW girl there is no stopping you! AWESOME cards loving them both! hugs Samantha SFDT :0)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa loving your little birthday card that image along with the colour and design looks super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Arts by Sara said...

Hey Lisa! Awesome Cards... I finally found your blog! LOL! Your are very talented and I hope that you will become a follower of mine also! Happy Creating! Sara

http://CreativeAddictionsbySara.blogspot.com

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".