Thursday, January 13, 2011

A fun new Challenge!!

  Happy Thursday!!!  I'm so happy to see the sun shining brightly and now watching all the snow start to melt away.  The blizzard was not too bad for us here directly on the coast, but some of the area very close by had almost 2 feet of snow!  I'm quite happy that we had less and very thankful that we did not lose our power.

    Today, I am very excited to invite you all to join a NEW Challenge being hosted by StampFairy over at CDAC.  We are currently hosting the Other Theme Challenge which starts today and runs through January 26th.  The project for this challenge is Bookmarks and StampFairy  has donated an adorable Freebie image for you to use on your project.



    I created a fun corner bookmark and I based mine on a wonderful tutorial  I found over at SCS, by Beate Johns.  I've referred to this tutorial several times and find it's one of the best, and is easy to follow.   You can also watch the video at YouTube here!   I really like this style and it's was run to try a new one for the challenge! 



   This is another view of my bookmark, so you can see how it would appear in use.  It simply slips over the edge of  your page.  I've made these a few times and find they are fun and easy.  You can basically make them in any design and adjust the size to your choice.


   I hope I have inspired you to join this fun challenge and welcome everyone to play along!!!   Please be sure to hop on over to the site and take a peek at all the wonderful bookmarks the other Design Team members have created!   They are awesome!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I also have one more project to share this afternoon and it's a new little Thank You card that I created based on this week's color combo Copic Coloring Challenge over at the  iCopic Lover 's Challenge Blog.   You can find all the details for Challenge # 12 - at the blog HERE


    My little Thank You card is also being submitted to this week's 'Thank You ' Challenge over at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

     I'm off now to head over to 'The Outlawz' to check out today's challenge which is their 'Prisma and Other Color Medium' challenge.  You can find it HERE over at the group!  I welcome everyone to join in and play along.  The Outlawz offers a new challenge on each day of the week and each challenge runs for a full week.  The group is Free and is Open to all!   Come on over and have some fun!!

    Have a super day and as always -- Happy Crafting!!!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

O wow these are both so nice, love the corner bookmark most, never tried one of these before xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

That bookmark is adorable!!!! Love your card too - those Baby Bud images sure are cute!

Deanne :)

Linda McClain said...

Oooo, love 'em both but especially that bookmark. It's precious.

Carissa said...

Both of your creations are lovely. I am especially fond of the bookmark. Everything just works so well together. Hugs, Carissa

Cindy Gay said...

Like the red ribbon and zig zag border.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is so cute! I love the colors you've used for your bookmark and the kitty is adorable!

pinky said...

Its adorable Lis, and you know how much I just love the bookmark. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Andrea6760 said...

Lis,

I love the bookmark and the great thank you card. They are fantastic! Thank you also for sending out a heads up on the Prisma and other medium challange at the Outlawz. You are so sweet!
*Hugs*
~Andrea

Unknown said...

Hi me again... he he just wanted to thank yo for joining us at Crafty Sentiments. Good luck xx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".