Today, I was determined to make a card for a new challenge over at 'The Outlawz' and today's challenge is hosted in the 'Prisma and Other Color Medium Group', which is a hard challenge for me.
Ever since Copics have come into my life, I find it rare to ever make many cards that I am not using Copics as my color medium. But, I really do want to expand and that's one reason I am currently taking a Watercoloring with Distress Inks Class from Angie Hunt over in Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom. I really love the wonderful look that can be achieved with this technique and I thought the class would be a fabulous way to learn. I'm a brand new student, but so far, I really like it and have a lot to learn.
I've also also wanted to learn how to use Prismacolor pencils really love some of the fabulous cards that some of the Girlz on the Outlawz DT have created with their Prismas. I do have a basic set and have tried them a few times, but I'm awful with them and need to learn! I'm hoping this new challenge with inspire me to keep getting them out and continue to learn how to color well with them. I played around a bit last night and just had horrible results. I'm using them along with Mona Lisa brand OMS and blending stumps, but they are NOT blending well for me and the colors are dull and boring? What the heck am I doing wrong? HUM??? Please feel free to share ideas, as I would LOVE to learn !! I do think that maybe I will order some 'Gamsol' brand OMS, as that seems to be what most of the girls use?
In the meantime, I really wanted to try my best to make a LOVE card that I could submit to the challenge and I did actually end up making two. My first card was make with a cute little stamp that heat embossed and colored in with 'Fired Brick' Distress Ink. This is that first card, which is okay...but I'm not loving it?
After being disappointed, I tried another idea and on this card I used a a different stamp. I Stamped this twice in a deep red pigment ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Once it dried I painted on a fine layer of Iridescent Medium, which is a totally new product to me. Dana, one of the Designers, at The Outlawz, had shared her awesome 'video' about this cool medium and I've now added some to the my stash. It has an amazing amount of shimmer and is very pretty! -- Thanks Dana. This my my second card and it's another I like...but do not LOVE?
I'm off now to see if I can come up with another, but I think may instead work on a new DT Project and wait for some hints/tips on using these new techniques! If you have any wonderful ideas, please let me know!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".

2 comments:
LOVE the cards Lisa!! Both of them are beautiful! Good luck with your class, and I am sure you will be using those pencils like a pro in no time...just like you did with the Copics!! I saw Dana's tutorial with the Iridescent medium, it is so pretty, I definitely want to get some for my stash! It's on the wish list LOL!! Love you girl!! Hope you are feeling better and praying this nasty weather passes us quickly!!
These are beautiful Lisa I love the sultry colours of the first one the image would be perfect as a tattoo, and the second one has a look of vintage/shabby chic, the papers and hearts are super.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Post a Comment