Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Sunday!!

  I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, I know that I am and I'm thrilled to say that we did NOT have any snow all weekend.  Today is cloudy, but mild enough for more melting!  Yippee!

  Sunday is always one of my favorite days to create as there are new challenges and one of my long term favorites is the Weekly Sketch Challenge over at the Stars & Stamps Blog.  Every Sunday there is a new sketch and today we had a really fun one, which I have copied over to share.

 Sketch # 54



My Card
   
   As you can see, my card is a bit different and not an exact match the challenge, partly by accident as I realized after I had it all glued down that I missed the one vertical piece...Ooops!   I also was going for a Love/Valentine theme and had decided to changed the circle to a heart, which is my own version.  Not exactly the sketch, but still a very fun card to create!  My papers are a combination from Stampin up' and Basic Grey and this card was created all from scraps!  Yippee!!

   I also wanted to invite you all to check out the fabulous new 'Saturday Seminar' now being offered each Saturday also over at the Stars & Stamps blog.   The first seminar was posted yesterday and I really loved what I learned from it.  It taught me about creating 'Focal Points' for my design and you can find the first week here!!  I have not completed the first lesson, but I am going to try and join in.  I think it will help me come up with better designs and it will also be fun.

   Here is a little more information and this is a FREE card design seminar open to all, especially those who create for Operation White Home!


  My second card today was created for the new 'Clean and Simple' challenge posted today over at 'The Outlawz'!  Our challenge this Sunday is to create a CAS card in any theme --- Anything Goes and the Design Team has put together some fabulous inspiration for you HERE!!  I had this really cute little digi in my file from Meljen Designs and I thought it would be perfect for my card.  I colored it with Copics and then punched it out with a 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  I edged it with Distress ink and picked out a piece of red designer paper that I cut down and adhered to a white mat.  I then simply added a piece of ribbon and one simple button and this is my CAS Card!

  
  The more I make these CAS cards,  the more I am enjoying it!   That also reminds me of two more cards I have to share and these both were created for two fun new challenges over at StampNation, which is another new craft community, started by a friend and  Stampin' Up Demo - Catherine Pooler.  For more details, you can visit Catherine's blog HERE to join this exclusive group.   The group is open to all stampers/crafters and you do NOT have to use SU products to join, although it's a fabulous group for those of you to LOVE your Stampin' UP  products.   

For more details - Please Click HERE!

    My next card was created for a challenge over at StampNation and this one was created for the 'Photo Inspiration Challenge'.  We were provide a really love image , all with lots of reds, white and pink and in a Valentine motif to use and this is the card I created based on that photo.


    And I have one last card to share and this one was also created for a 'Color Challenge' also being hosted at StampNation.   Our colors for this challenge were based on this cute little image, which I copied over to share with you from the StampNation Challenge.


    I didn't have the 'exact' same colors, but picked what I had that was the closest and came up with this new card.  My image is actually a digi image and I used Copics to color it to match as closely as I could.  I really enjoyed it and think it's a fun little Spring Card!   

  I also want to remind you all that you still have a few hours to submit a card to this week's challenge over at StampFairy - HERE!   And/or you can also hop on over to Baby Bud Designs and enter our fun 'Friendship Challenge' - HERE!   When you do go over to Baby Bud - please be sure to check out the wonderful new look of the blog.  Krista and Mary Anne have re-designed it and it's adorable -- I Love IT!!

  Be sure to come back tomorrow, when I will have BIG NEWS and a brand new StampFairy Challenge along with a new 'Birthday Card' for this week's challenge at 'The Outlawz'!   It's been a very creative week and I've enjoyed every moment spent in my craft room! 







  

8 comments:

Susan said...

You're on a roll, Lis. Love all the cards - the layout, the colors - all of it.

Unknown said...

Girl I don't know how you knock so many cards out in a short amount of time!! Each one is adorable, bright and cheerful! Super sweetness! Hugz

airbornewife said...

Your cards are awesome ~ thanks for sharing, Pam

Vivi Casale said...

really nice cards Lis!! great job!!!
xxx

Unknown said...

Your challenge card is great. The paper look very nice together.

Julie said...

Wow, Lisa, you've been busy!! I love the papers you used in your sketch card. Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

StampTramps said...

Love your OWH card and the others too! I also didn't follow the sketch to T and didn't notice until I was all done. I think your bunches of love card is very pretty and I'm going to have to do a little casing! Thanks for sharing!

Sherry H said...

Always love seeing (and learning from) your cards, Lisa!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".