Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another snowy Sunday!

...What a surprise I woke to when I looked out the window and saw that we had about 5 new inches of snow.  I guess I had not been paying much attention to the weather reports, as I had no idea we had a storm even coming.  Snow Snow go away and don't come back any day!!

    On a happy note, Sunday is always chore day here and the one day that Hubby is home, so it's our day to catch up on major cleaning, laundry and all those fun chores.  Luckily, I've been keeping up lately and I had also totally cleaned my craft room this week, so thing went really easy.  I'm also lucky because Hubby did all the laundry while I slept in!  Yippee!  

    My first card was actually one I finished last night, but had not had a change to post and this cutie was a card I created for the Color Combo challenge over a The Outlawz.  The colors for our Challenge this week are - Charcoal, White and Lime and I colored this sweet little StampFairy - Lenny Flowers to match that theme.


This cutie is being submitted to these new challenges - all are welcome to play along -

   My second card was created for another challenge over at The Outlawz and it's today's brand new 'Clean and Simple' Challenge, which you can find HERE!   This week the Girlz put together a fabulous sketch and I have copied it over to my blog to share it with you and hopefully inspire you to join in on the fun.



  And this is the card I created, based on the sketch!  

  This card was created with some new die cuts I created with my Cricut Expression.  I had been playing around with a new cartrdige last night and had cut several new elements to try it out.  The cartridge is one of the newer releases and it's the Paper Lace cartridge, which has some really pretty designs.  I took three of the design I had cut and put them together on this card for the "circle" area.  I embossed the first layer and inked the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  The second layer is a simple circle and the top layer is one of the lace layers. 

   My next card was created today for the new Sketch Challenge over at the Stars & Stamps Blog which you can find here.  I also copied over this week's Sketch and hope you'll join me in this fun Challenge for Operation Write Home.

Sketch # 58


My Card
  This bright and cheery card is also being submitted to these new challenges:


  I always enjoy the Sunday Sketch and I print them all out and save them for the future.  At first I thought this one looked hard, but once I started it went along very well.  I used up some turquoise scraps from the card I had made above and that worked out perfectly to go with my brand new Bo Bunny 'Ad Lib' pack, that came in yesterday from Susana's with my new Copics.  Oh, and I am in LOVE with the new colors and did some coloring with them last night.  The two new V colors, (V20 and V25) and the three new RV colors, (RV55, RV63 and RV66) are already new favorites.  I hope to have a card to share later that shows those colors!!

    
  I am off now to work on that card and hope to have it done later!  In the meantime, if you have been thinking of adding the new Copics to your collection, I highly recommend them and think if you like violets and pinks -- you'll be very happy with this set!!  


16 comments:

Chrissie said...

Your card for our challenge certainly is very bright.
Thanks for joining us!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Lisa, All of your cards are very nice, but I especially like the Skecth 58 card. It is clean, simple and beautiful.

Mandi said...

Very vibrant entry to cheer our day
Thank you!
Thanks for entering our challenge
mandi
"Less is More"

airbornewife said...

... awesome cards! thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Unknown said...

Wow you've been busy, love them all, so beautiful in different ways. .. hope the snow goes away soon :) Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Love your sweet teddy bear card!

Julie said...

Great cards, Lisa! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Susan said...

Great cards..so bright and cheerful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lurve that colour combo

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely vibrant card...

Anne

Anonymous said...

Great cards. you got me interested in outlawz so i joined and am looking forward to having a play there

Unknown said...

Great sentiment and great card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play this week!
Alicia xx

Aileen said...

These papers are gorgeous. Great entry for the 3 squares. x

nicky said...

What a nice bright card , just whats needed for this dull ones .
Nicky

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "Lets get sentimental" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Muckyfingers said...

Very pretty card
Thanks for playing along with us at Paperplay :)
Annette xXx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".