Let me start by inviting you to join our brand new Challenge-#5, over at Baby Bud Designs. We have a fun theme challenge this month it's all about -- 'Ribbons and Bows'. We want to see lots of pretty ribbons and bows on your project and want to also remind you to be sure to use a 'Baby Bud image' too. You can find all the details over on the blog and every one is welcome to play.
This is the card that I created and I started with Baby Bud 'Kira', who is one of my favorites. I printed her out and paper-pieced her into an adorable little pink outfit and colored the rest of the image with Copics to match. I used some 'Pink Glam' Stickles on her little 'bloomers' for sparkle and more dimension and also added some pink pearls for her to wear, along with a little pink Satin bow in her hair!! I am in love with digi papers and have been using them for my paper piecing. For this card I also used some digi paper to create matching scalloped backgrounds! This scallop-shaped card was created with my new 'Grand Calibur' and the Grand Oval Scalloped die set. I love this new machine and how I can use the 'Grand Dies' to create my own cards in a variety of unique shapes and sizes.
I really had fun with this one and sine I love Ribbon and Bows, this was an easy challenge for me! I also happen to own a Bow Easy and it's one of the best gadgets I've ever bought. It makes it so easy to make bows in a variety of sizes in minutes!
I hope you'll join in on the fun and create your own Ribbons and Bows card for our challenge. If you need some more inspiration, please hop on over to the Baby Bud Designs Blog and check out the wonderful cards the 'Lady Buds' have created to inspire you. We also have a little treat for you today, and it's our 'Friday Freebie' and this month we have a cute little flower, named Lil' Bud, which will be available free for today ONLY!!
Congratulations to Jacquie C the Winner of last month's challenge. I think her card is adorable--a wonderful friendship card and perfect for the challenge. I hope you'll be back again this month to play again! Please be sure to hop on over and take a peek at this sweet card! You can find it on the Baby Bud blog HERE!!
********
I would also like to invite you over to StampFairy today to see a brand new release that features the always adorable 'Herb Bear' and in this release he's ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!!
I did not get a chance to make a card this week with Herb, but the Design Team has put together some fabulous creations for you and you'll find them over at StampFairy Blog.
I do have a new StampFairy card to share with you today and this one was inspired by the thoughts of Spring! And as we are almost done with February, each day that passes brings us closer and closer to Spring and puts another day of winter behind us. I've been longing for Spring, Sunshine, Flowers and warm days and that is exactly what I was thinking about while making the card below, which features 'Lenny Flowers' who was released on Tuesday, over at the StampFairy store. I hope he will help you think of Spring and bright happy days.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm looking forward to spending today and most of my weekend crafting and it's good to be feeling back to myself again. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Crafting!!



6 comments:
Yes, Friday yippee... I'm home today as feeling like a cold approaching ..any excuse to stay home woops :) Love your both your cards, so pretty. Hugs xxx
Love them both, but I'm addicted to pink and Stamp Fairy anyway so can't go wrong!. And to celebrate it being Friday, there is a little something for you on my blog today. Annett xx
Lis your cards are adorable, I too have a bow easy but I need to watch a tut to figure out how to use
these are both so pretty love the layers on the first one and the bear is adorable.
Hugs Kaylou xx
Lisa both cards are gorgeous
hugs
Ildz
Both are so cute! I love seeing all those layers of sccalloped ovals! So sweet and fun she is :)
I hope that you are doing well!
hugs, margie
Post a Comment