Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Friday!!!

   Another week is over already and that brings us one week closer to SPRING and I can not wait.   This is also one of the best weeks I have had in a while and I know it's because the weather has been better and we've had several days where we saw the sun!   WOOHOO!  A little sunshine can always brighten your day!  I'm also thirlled that we made it though the week without any major snowstorms!! Yippee!!   I may even head out for a bit this morning and do some shopping  and that will be my first day out, in about two weeks.  WOW!!  I am so NOT a winter person and love to hibernate in my craft room during the cold gray winter months! 

   And I've had a lot of time to craft lately which is a joy for me.    I am excited today to share a new release with you and it's a cute one from StampFairy   Perfect for your Valentine cards and a fun every day  'I love you' card!  
   This one is kind of special to me as the name of this sweet bear is "Toby" and the set is called Toby Love.  Toby was also my Dad's name and although I lost him many years ago, but whenever I hear the name Toby, it brings back fond memories.    I lost my Dad far too young, but I have memories to forever cherish and they are all about LOVE!
     
  This is my sweet little Toby Love card and I actually created it with this week's Freebie!   I wanted a little fun card to go with a Valentine gift and I thought this image was perfect.

   I created my case base on my Cricut and then using my Cuttlebug and Spellbinder dies to create the background layers.  I paper-pieced the heart with one of the new digi packs also available from StampFairy.  You can find the digital papers  HERE

   My little Toby Love card is also being submitted to these fun challenges --

   Please be sure to also hop on over the our blog for more fabulous inspirational projects the Design Team has created from the new release.


   There is also still time to join our current challenge and you can find all the details over on the chalelnge blog below!


   And before I sign off, please do not forget about the BIG PARTY over at 'The Outlawz', which starts on Sunday, February 13th -- This is one big PARTY and one you will not want to miss!! 


Have a wonderful day and as always, Happy Crafting!!

13 comments:

Jackie Randolph said...

Tooo cute Lisa!! Love your paper piecing!! Happy to hear your feeling good, have fun shopping!!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic Lisa, love the circle shape of your card, looks awesome. Sorry to hear about your dad, and yes he had a lovely name.Hugs xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just adorable! Love the shape card and your paper piecing.

Deanne :)

Céline said...

Hi LIs,
fun shaped card. love the heart brad and embossing round
hugs
céline

Jess Willison said...

So cute! Love the circle card!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous lil card Lisa, I love the embossing :)

Have a great weekend sweetie.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Carissa said...

Such a cute card. Love that you did it as a circle, it really suits the image. Hugs, Carissa

Paddington fan said...

Super cute bear & love the little heart too! Thanks for showing us your bear at Lexi's Creations!! Good luck, Love Jacky x

Unknown said...

Super cute Lisa with the circle card!! Love the way you designed and coloring! As always over the top!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Lisa!
The teddy is so beary sweet! ;o))
Thank you for joining us Lexi's Creations
xx

Donna said...

Love the shaped card and cute bear you've used. Thanks for joining us at BMC.
hugs
Donna xx

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the Digital Tuesday challenge...
xxx Anne-Marije

Vixykins said...

Wow so cute Lisa, beautiful work x

Thank You for playing at Bearly Mine Challenges x

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".