I had been thinking of trying something with a "You Rock" type theme and while I was over "browsing" digi images at All That Scraps this morning, I came across this set, that I thought would work out well. Its' called "Rockin Out" and it's by C.C. Designs which is a company I really like. I bought that set along with another C.C. Designs set, called "It's my Birthday" and I figured between those two sets I could make Alex a really fun card.
I started this morning and have been working on this all day. I first printed out two different sets of the images onto some high quality "Gina K Luxury Cardstock", then sat down with my Copic and began coloring. Once I had a few images colored, I started going to cardstock and papers to find some good matching colors. I used my Cuttlebug with Spellbinder Dies to cut various background shapes and once I had a whole theme planned, I put it all together and this is the card I created!
This is a close view!
This is the inside,
and this is the envelope!
What do you think? I still have to add a bit of sparkle and shimmer, but I think this one will work!! I HOPE he will like this, and to be honest I know he would like ANY card that I give him, but I want it to be special! I HOPE it will be and I hope that when I look at again tomorrow, that I will still be happy with the end result. I've been working on this for days and I still say that I am MUCH better at making "Girlie Girl" cards....any DAY!!
Tomorrow, I am heading out to pick up a few more little gifts and then will be wrapping up his gifts and putting every thing together for the big day on Friday!!
~~~~~~~~~~
On another HAPPY note -- My Mom is back home and is feeling much better. She saw her doctor this morning and she does indeed have "Shingles", but that are already past the worst stage and starting to heal. Her cough and wheezing seems to be gone and she doesn't have a fever now either? He lungs were clear and she sounds much better, so it looks like while the trip was a 'bust', she'll be fine. She is planning to simply rest and relax and stay home for the next day or two!! I am also feeling better today and this Fibro Flare seems to be improving, so I hope by tomorrow, I'll feel back to normal too! Yippee!! It's sooooo nice to actually feel GOOD!!
4 comments:
I love this card!! I went to see the digi stamps and am going to buy them too....great cards for boys/men! Your coloring is so good...it looks like a cut out! Fantastic job!
I love this!!!! Yay, this is THE one!!!! Alex will love it. It's cool abd cute at the same time. Can't believe he's graduating!
Thanks GIRLS! You all MADE my day! I really loved the images and will be able to sue them in so many ways!!
I popped him on Pop Dots to made his stand up off of the card a bit.
I'll be sure to let you know what he thinks of his card!! I think he'll be happy!!
Just wanted to tell you ALL, that ALEX loves his CARD! And to make you laugh..I somehow LOST the envelope...but I know it's somewhere in my craft room, but I showed him this post to PROVE I had made a better one.
I lost it in a "Fibro Fog" sometime today? I'll be sure to let you know it if ever shows up!! LOL!
Post a Comment