Today I finished a new card for "The Pink Elephant" challenge, which you can find HERE!! If you are interested in taking part in this week's challenge, then think - AQUA - and pink out your favorite aqua paper or your favorite Aqua markers and start creating.
I started my card with a new stamp and she is known as "Chloe" and ss from Pink Gem Designs. Pink Gem Designs is a wonderful online store I discovered over the winter. I feel in love with the stamps right away and was thrilled when I found out, that Janet, (the owner/designer) has many US customers and was very happy to ship to the US. There is a also a currency converter on the main page and she accepts PayPal, which makes ordering a breeze. The store has wonderful items and a huge selection of wonderful stamps. Janet has also recently started offering some great digi images . She also carries a new line of markers, called ProMarkers which I am trying out and so far, they are really nice. They are more popular currently in the UK, and are are often used along with Copics, as they are both alcohol based. I tried the skin tone set and a pastel set and I really like the colors. I played around with them this weekend and loved the fine tip, especially for tiny areas. I'll bet you'll start to see them more and more in the US too and for those who find Copics simply too expensive, I think these are a great alternative or nice to use along with your Copics too. If you have never seen or tried them, please hop over to the store and you can find them here!
My newest stamp is "Chloe on Swing" and you can find here Here!! And this is little Chloe all colored in shades of Aqua for the challenge --
I think this is such a sweet image and had so much fun coloring her that I actually stamped the image three more times and colored her in three different ways.
I'll save these and use them for more cards soon, but I am curious, to find out what your favorite color theme is? Do you like Aqua, Pink or Blue?
I'm off to now to rest a bit and then may see what other challenges I can find to work on this week? If you know of any FUN ones, please leave me a comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".

7 comments:
Chloe is adorable Lisa!! Love the card you made, it is so beautiful!
Thanks Amy! You are such a sweetie!!
You've been busy with this cute image!
hiya!
wanted to pop over and see what you were up to :) darling crd - dontcha just love that Kioshi paper???
your image is darling - love pink gem but haven't ordered a new one in ages!
i AM curious about the pro makrkers and look forwrd to hearing more about them as i KNOW there must be copic alternatives out there but i have not tried them.....might be a new mission of mine.......(cuz you know...i don't have enough to do!!! ROTFL)
hugs
M
Hi Marti - The ProMarkers are very cool and very reasonably priced, as compared to Copics. You can also use them together, and they do have a fine tip with with fun. Janet at "Pink Gem" has some great tutorials on her blog too! I bought mine from her at Pink Gem Designs and she is a doll. I highly recommend her store for her wonderful images and the markers too!
ENJOY!! And thanks for stopping by!!
Your card is beautiful Lisa and your colouring is wonderful! I am so pleased you are enjoying your ProMarkers! xx
Adorable card, Lisa!! Fabulous coloring!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT
Post a Comment