Today has been a very relaxing and fun day for me. I slept in, woke up without being in a lot of pain and was happy to see the sunshine. It's NOT snowing and our temps are slowly warming up!!
This morning, I put together Valentine treat bags for my family and topped them all off with a special card I created I for each of them. I have to admit, that between making all those cards, on top of those I mailed out and the ones that I also created for Design Team projects, that I'm happy to be done with Valentines and very thrilled to be moving into other themes and ideas.
Speaking of new things, I was so excited and totally surprised to see the brand new collection of digi images that Gerda designed and shared with all of us today over at the StampFairy Blog. It's this really cute new set and they are called 'Love Notes'. I think these will make some wonderful cards for 'Operation Write Home' and that's something I have been behind on lately!
I was also very excited and even more surprise to see this sweet card, which was created by one of my freinds 'Jan' who is actually one of the gals who inspired me to start creating cards for 'Operation Write Home'. Here is a copy of Jan's adorable card which is featured over at StampFairy today!!
When I first stopped at the blog, I was surprised to see the new images, and before I had even finished reading the whole post, I came here to write up a little post about the release. As I was working on the post, I had not even read the entire post and immediately thought of Operation Write Home cards, so you can only imagine how delightful it was to keep reading and find out that Jan had her card featured, and that she had thought about using StampFairy images for some of her OWH cards. Jan, is an amazing and very talented crafter and we met in a online group sometime last year. It was then that I found out more about Jan and that she also plays a part in the 'Stars and Stamps Blog', which I also love. If you are one of my followers, you'll know that I make cards for OWH and also take take in many of the challenges over at the Stars and Stamps Blog. I am also a member of that blog and totally enjoy it. It's another wonderful resource to help me come up with great ideas for OWH Cards.
The card that Jan created above was based on one of the Sketches that the Stars and Stamps Blog features every Sunday and this one was based on Sketch # 54! Tomorrow you can hop on over to the Stars and Stamps blog for this week's sketch. They is a new challenge or card-making idea every day and another fun day is Wednesday, which is Midweek Throwdown the challenge that Jan creates for us each week.
I also wanted to tell you a bit about the new Blog Hop that is also being sponsorship by the Stars and Stamps blog and for more information you can go HERE! Due to the limitations I have because of Fibro and Disc Disease, I find Blog Hops very difficult and am not able to join in. However, I always try to promote them and also do my best to stop by and visit as many of the blogs as I can during the hop. If you are interested in taking part of the HOP or making card for Operation Write Home, please go to the main site HERE for all the details.
I'm so happy that Jan was featured over at StampFairy World and also thirlled the we now have this wonderful new collection to create with. Maybe I'll even try to create my Sketch Card tomororw with one of this adorable new images! -- Thanks Gerda and Thanks Jan!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".



4 comments:
Hi Lisa! You WERE thinking of me today :), thanks you are so sweet! I had so much fun coloring the Stamp Fairy image and I think this new set will be fabulous for OWH cards. The card you have pictured on your blog today is going to Operation Write Home for their Spring card drive.
Were you able to go on the blog skip today at OWH? It was pretty neat, I'm excited about the blog hop too.
Have a wonderful weekend my friend, it's bright and sunny here in Arizona! I'll try to send some your way ~
Oh...thanks Jan -- I am going to give it a try and see how I do with the 11 stops!
Hoping it will be the right size and work out for me!
And yes, please keep sending me warm sunshine!
Hugs,
Lis
Lisa - you and Jan are two of my favorite "fellow bloggers" and I'm always amazed at your beautiful work! I found OWH because of your blog, and am so glad I did. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration :)
Doris
Hi Lis,
this is so cute and adorable card dear.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Here a lot of rain...........
Post a Comment