Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

  Wishing everyone a very special Valentine's Day and hoping it's full of  LOVE for you and those you love.  I feel like I've been working on Valentine's  projects for so long and very much happy now to be moving more into Spring!   

   When I think of Spring and colors I always think of pretty light and pastel colors, light shades of of course, my favorite would be lavender or a light lilac, which is the color I chose for my first card today.  It's for our brand new challenge over at the StampFairy Challenge Blog and I'm here to invite you all over to play along.


  Challenge # 11 is one that is very easy and will be fun for all.  All you need to do is pick one of your favorite colors, a StampFairy image and a white/off white card base or cardstock.   If you are new to StampFairy, you can find a fabulous selection of images to choose from in our store at this link.

  We want to see you create a project using all white, with a touch of ONE color, for me that's where I chose lavender.   We called it -- 'Basically White with a Touch of One Color' and this the is the card I created to help provide you some inspiration --


  I started with one of my favorite images, which is from the 'Linda Fairy' collection in the StampFairy Store.   I then started my project by picking out some pretty sparkly digi paper and then printed out my image twice, one on top of my digital paper, so that I could cut out the pieces and paper piece them on her dress, hair bow and the the star on her wand.  I then stamped my Thank You sentiment in the closest ink color I had, which is 'Lavender Lace'  from Stampin' Up.  I also embossed my card base with a wonderful SU Embossing folder called 'Textured Tulips'.    My final touch was a matching bow that I created with my Bow Easy and then simply glue on to the card.   You can find all the details on the challenge and some wonderful inspiratoin over on the StampFairy Challenge Blog!!

  My sweet little 'Thank You' Card is also being submitted to these new challenges and everyone is welcome to join the fun -
 *****************

  And after you finish that challenge you'll want to be certain to hop on over to 'The Outlawz' for their first  BIG PARTY !!   The Outlawz Girlz have put together a fabulous list of sponsors who have all donated some wonderful prizes.  WOOHOO!!    For the full list of prizes and all of the fun details, please head over to the Outlawz group HERE!
 

  I am very happy to be helping out the 'Girlz'  in the 'Birthday Group' this week and have created one of the inspiration cards for this week's challenge!   This week to tie into the big Showdown, we want to see you create a 'Birthday' project/card based on a 'Western Theme!   As always, your project must be new and created for this challenge.  All the specifics and full details can be found over in the group - you can link directly to the Birthday challenge HERE.


  For my card I started with this fun lil' cowboy image from Bugaboo Stamps.  I colored him with Copics,and then used a variety of cardstock and digi papers for the background.  I embossed each layer for more dimension and then added some twine and buttons to give it more a western feel.  My Happy Birthday sentiment was computer generated and created with Western Themed font, that I found over at DaFont.


  My cute little Cowboy Card is also being submitted to these fun challenges.  I invite you all to join me in any of them and hope you will.
     Time for me to sign off and create some new cards!  Before I go, I want to remind you that there is still time to join our current challenge at Baby Bud Designs and to also tell you 'ssshhh it's a secret' that this Friday - February 18th, we'll have something new and special to share with you all!   Please be sure to stop by then and I'll have more to share!!     I'm also sharing one of my most recent Baby Bud cards and this was a fun little Birthday Card, but would have also made a very cute Friendship card, featuring Max and Molly, two of the newest members of the Baby Bud Collection.



  Happy Monday and I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

18 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

All your cards are adorable!!!!! Love them all!

Deanne :)

Ann said...

Your cards are all so precious Lis!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Lis, just adorable..... thanks for me card to really put a smile n my face, just perfect! jo xxxx

Lori Rider said...

Sweet cards - you chose such lovely images and colors! Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

helloholley said...

I love all these cards Lisa!!! you did an amazing job, as always!! I love all the themes and each color combo as well.....they all have different personalities to them!!! Too cute!!! ;)

Maggie's Crafts said...

Love your creations!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

Maggie
x

heidy said...

Wow,those are all stunning!!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
Heidy

Danni said...

All of these are so wonderful, I just adore that last one though, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lis, Great Selection of cards! I should of guessed your touch of colour would have been purple!! good one! hugs Samantha :0)

Carissa said...

Great cards, I especially love the embossed frame on your white card and the purply blue and white combo is so pretty. Hugs, Carissa

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

All such pretty cards. You sure have been busy. Actually your Baby Buds card is a better fit for the OCC Cut it Out challenge. Love the way they are paper pieced and cut out. The colors are wonderful too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love all of your cards!

Thanks for joining us at The Rubber Cafe for our paper piecing challenge this week!

Kristine

Diane Gilbert said...

All three are adorable! You've been very busy! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Sharon Basel said...

Wow - fabulous showing of cards Lis. The all white is beautiful - I just love all white with lots of texture anyway. The tulip embossing is a wonderful touch and that sparkly blue paper just pops on this card.
Hugs,
Sharon

kaylou said...

wow all your cards are gorgeous, love the bear he's so cute, thank you for joining our cute and cuddly challenge at CES.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Julie said...

Wow - fabbie cards, love your embossed frame on the first and your paper piecing on the third!! Great cards. Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

Sharon Wheet said...

Lisa, I think the card you have entered into the OCC challenge is wonderful! And what a perfect paper piecing job you did! Love the CAS card, and all the sparkle! Thank you for playing along with our challenge @ OCC. And, I hope that we see more of your work in our future challenges!

Larissa said...

Wow all your cards are fabulous!! Love the embossing on the card with the bear.

Hugs,
Larissa

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".