I also had a very special surprise in the mail and it was from one of my online 'craft' freinds and it's a gorgeous card that was created by Reni. I saw it last week for the first time when she was a Guest Designer for a new release at SCACD. She created this gorgeous 'purple' birthday card with a new stamp 'Celebrate' stamp designed by Victoria Case exclusively for SCACD. I saw it on her blog and immediately LOVED it. I wrote a comment about it on her blog and guess what? She sent it as a wonderful friendship gift. How awesome is that! It came from her in The Netherlands to me here in the US and she also added some wonderful little goodies! It was such a thoughtful idea and I was so happy and surprise when I saw her name on the package -- It definitely made my day!! - Thanks again Reni, I will cherish my gorgeous card and thank you for your fabulous act of kindness!!
I also had a lot of fun today, simply spending time in my craft room. I've been working on some really fun Team projects and a special card for a brand new challenge which started today over at the 'House of Gilli Challenge blog' ! This is the very first Gilli Challenge and it was a fun recipe challenge, which I have shared below.
Suzanne Dean, is the new Art Coordinator at Gilli and she is also sponsoring this first challenge -- Woohoo!! If you are the lucky winner you could win a Gilli Stamp along with a Class of your choice from Suzanne in her 'Color Me Creative Classroom'. I can say from experience that all of Suzanne's classes are awesome and I highly recommend them. I'm playing for fun, and I had fun creating my card. I wanted to share it with you now and wish everyone who is playing lot of luck!! You will NOT be disappointed in any of her classes or with any of the adorable Gilli Stamps.
I am also excited to have copied over the receipe to share with you here and hope it will inspired you to get started on your project.
House of Gilli Challenge #1
RECIPE CHALLENGE
-Use some form of Sparkle
-Use 3 Patterned Papers
-Use at least 2 dies and/or punches
-You do not have to use a Gilli for this project
BUT IF you use a Gilli you get 2 chances okay ;)
BUT IF you use a Gilli you get 2 chances okay ;)
For all the details and more information, please hop on over to the 'House of Gilli' blog HERE!!
I have a nice little collection of Gilli Stamps and for my card I chose to use Gilli Girly. I started by picking out my three patterned papers from the Gossamer Collection by Memory Box. I especially love these 6 X 6 papers and I buy mine at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. I then colored my sweet little image with Copics and to give her that extra sparkle and shine, I added a fine layer of glitter on top of the finished project. I used my new Grand Calbur (love it) and a variety of Spellbinder dies to cut and embossed the background shapes. I also used a decorative punch for some simple flourishes and added some Prima 'bling' and a few Petaloo Dazzlers to finish off my card.
I'm off now to head over to the 'House of Gilli' to post it in the challenge. I hope I have inspired you go join me for this fun new challenge.
Have a great night!!

17 comments:
You're a busy stamper!! Another cute card!!and you know I love the sparkle!!
Oh Lis ~ She's so sparkly and gorgeous, I love it ~ fantastic card!
Wow, this is super cute, boy does she sparkle.
Hi Lisa
Thank you for your lovely message on my blog :)
I'm once again amazed at your beautiful creations, and just joined "The Outlawz" group tonight. When my fibro cooperates, I also love to spend time in my craft room and am looking forward to more warm weather in NJ this week (and watching the snow melt too). Tomorrow I'm heading back to OWH to add a card to the weekly challenge. Thanks again for your great inspiration.
Doris :)
Love it Lisa. Love all that sparkle!
LOVE this creation!!! Thank you so much for supporting Gilli and joining us at House of Gilli for our very first challenge!!! Your creation is gorgeous!
Fabulous card Lis, I love the sparkle and the pretty pinks, thank you for joining us on our first challenge at House of Gilli
I love this! I am inspired by you, Lisa. Thanks for my congratulations and for joining us at the House of Gilli. I so hope you keep entering. Remember is just every two weeks. No pressure at all!
Lisa!!!! What a beautiful card! I loved how everything sparkles! Just like you!! Gilli looks sooo girly and gorgeous!! Thank you my friend for you support and friendship....and of course for sharing with us at "House of Gilli Challenge".
Very first entry!
Huggies
anaRy
Oh Lisa! What a beautiful card! Great job! Love your work! Thank you for joining our very first challenge at House of Gilli Challenge Blog!
Hugs, Wini
Oh Lis, your card is so adorable!! I love Girly Gilli.. need to get her for me!! love all the sparkle on your card!!!
Thank you so much for have joined our very first challenge at House of Gilli!
xxx
Vivi
Love, love, love all that bling! Beautiful!
what a cutie pootie she is!!! Your card is adorable Lisa!
This is fabulous Lis, I love the sparkle!
Hugs
Tracey
xx
Lisa, Beautiful, beautiful card! Love the Gilli stamp and all the sparkle you added!! Gorgeous! I am trying to figure out how you did the oval!
Beautiful card! THanks for joining us at House of Gilli!! : )
Lisa, she is just gorgeous. You have done a spectacular job! Thanks for joining us at House of Gilli!
Post a Comment