Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's and Ribbons!!

  Today I am happy to share a new card I created for this week's fun challenge over at 'Really Reasonable Ribbon' and to also tell you how much I have enjoyed shopping at this wonderful store.




I Love RRR


   I found the store last month after seeing a link over at my friend Amy's Blog!  Thanks Amy!  It was shortly after that, I placed my first order and also joined the monthly Ribbon Club, which I Love.  I am a bit of a Ribbon Addict and love to use it on my cards.   If you would like more info about the Ribbon club you can go HERE and this is a picture of the February collection which should be at my door any day now!

  I also realized that RRR has it's own blog - Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings, which I now follow and subscribe to.   It has some fabulous inspiration, along with info on new store items and promos and they also host a bi-weekly challenge, perfect for me!   If you are like me and love Ribbon and Challenges, this is one site you'll want to visit and follow. This link will take you directly the home page!   You can then find a link on the home page for the currently challenge, which is a Color Theme Challenge!

  This is my most recent Valentine Card and it was inspired by this week's challenge over at RRR.   My image is a sweet little Bunny (Clementine) from StampFairy, which you can find her in the store HERE!   The heart-themed background paper, as well as the 'Love' scalloped paper are also from  StampFairy and part of the new digi packs, which you can find here.   My Clementine image was first colored with Copics.  I then added a layer Iridescent Medium to Clementine and then  lightly coated that with Sparkling Ice Glitter.  he heart themed ribbon on this card is from RRR and was actually part of the Ribbon Club set from January.  You can buy it separately now in the store HERE!!


 My Bunny Love card is being submitted to these fun challenges and everyone is welcome to join and play along --
  My second card today is for this week's Color Challenge over the 'The Outlawz'.   As soon as I saw the colors, I thought they looked great, so I was very excited to digi through my papers and start on my card.


The colors are - Poppy, Turquoise and White and you also need to use Ribbon or Lace on your project!   This is the card that I created it I was really lucky to have some papers with the perfect colors.  This ended up being one of my favorite cards, yet I probably never would have thought about using these colors together!



11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Cute little bunnie all sparkly, love the heart papers, and the lace border on second card is gorgeous, as is the flower, Love the colour combo.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Brianna Marshall said...

super cute!LOVE the bunny!!

Amy said...

Oh Lisa both cards are amazing!! I LOVE the first one so much for the RRR challenge...I am so glad you found them through me and love them!! I want to sign up for their ribbon club too just can't do it yet. I SO need ribbon!! My stash is pathetic hahaha...Love you!!

ThePurplePlace said...

THANK YOU all for the sweet love you are all wonderful friends!

Hugs...
Lis

Susan said...

Love your cards - the sparkle on the bunny really pops and I love the lacy trim on the other card. I have visited RRR and liked what I saw and thought about placing an order soon. I love ribbon and designer paper.

Paula S. said...

Great cards! I love the color challenge color combo too. I agree that I probably wouldn't have ever considered it until I see what you've done with it. Fantastic!

Mrs A. said...

Love the cute sparkly bunnie.
Hugs Mrs A. (F.P.#25)

Ruthie said...

I love the colors in the color challenge --- both cards are great!

Creative Inspirations said...

How cute! Love the sparkly bunny. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations Paint.

Gemma said...

Great cards, the bunny is just so sweet and the second card is elegant and stylish! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and happy Valentine's day! Hugs Gemma

Bonnie Garby said...

Great cards Lis! I'm glad you are enjoying your ribbon :o)
Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".