Monday, August 8, 2011

All about cute.....

   One of the first things I do each day is check my email and I'm also happy to find a new fun challenge, a super sale or some fun new images being released by one of my favorite designers.  Today, was one of those fun days after I found a new email from By Lori Designs, introducing a new August mini release, created by her daughter Hannah.   This release also includes a wonderful 'Everyday Sentiment Set', which I love and have already added to my collection.  

   As most of you know, I'm a huge fun of digital images and tend to LOVE cute, fun and whimsical images and that's one reason why Lori and Hannah's images are always on my favorite list.  I have bought several and have even been lucky enough to win some from time to time playing in some of the challenge.  And that's exactly I am hoping to do today, with this new card that I created for the current Color Inspired Challenge which you'll find over on Lori's blog HERE!!

  This is a copy of the fun bright colors inspiration image that Lori provided for the challenge.  I love the colors and created my card featuring little Addeline, which is actually one of Hannah's original Bug & Roo images.


  This is my card and I chose to use the Hot Pink and Lime Green and also added some Polka Dot paper to my creation.  

     My fun and happy card is also being submitted to each of these new challenges and I hope you'll all stop by and play along:
    And now I'm off to start on a new card with a Back to School Theme, which seems to be a very popular challenge theme.  I think I know exactly what image I want to use too and it's likely going to be one I own from Lori's store!  If you are looking for some adorable images, then I highly suggest you hop on over and check out Lori's Store!!
   Note:    Any and ALL stores and/or designers I recommend are those I truly LOVE and shop from on a regular basis.  I am NOT in any way paid or encouraged to help promote or sell any of these products.  I do so, because they are my favorites and I'm very happy to share them with all of my friends! 

     Update:   I am back to share two more cards that I finished up this afternoon and the first was one inspired by several of the current Back to School Themed Challenges that are currently ongoing.   I will update my submission list a bit later, but has to rush now, as we are under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning and I want to post now and then shutdown the computer, until the storm is gone!  Hoping it wont' be too bad, as I really do not like thunderstorms...nope, not one bit!!

     This card is my Back to School Themed Card and it was created, with another of the cute images from Lori's Store --  School Time Lucy - who I have colored in my favorite bright shades of Purple --


    Phew!   The storm went mostly out to sea, but we did have another round of downpours and there was a lot of thunder, but thankfully the worst of the storm missed us and headed out into the Atlantic! 
  
    My 'School Fun' card was created and inspired by several new images and I'm submitting it to each of these:
   My final card today has been inspired by a card that I saw the other day on Kristina Werner's Blog.  It was one of her Finally Friday Videos, where she basically used 'Leftovers" scraps, flowers and bling etc., that had been on her desk and was left over from cards she had previously made.   With that theme in mind I put together this very easy card, all with scraps and older flowers that were sitting on my craft desk.  It was such a fun idea and a great way to recycle and use scraps.   You can see Kristina's card and video on her blog HERE!!


  I am submitting this card to the Finally Friday Challenge over at Two Peas!   May I can inspired you to pick up you craft desk and make something with your scrap and leftovers too!   It was actually fun and the card turn out better than I expected!

   Have a great day and and as always -- Happy Crafting!!


9 comments:

Danni said...

Such an adorable card!!

jimlynn said...

Adorable card with that cute image! LOVE that pink hair! Just darling.
Lynn

Janette said...

Love your cards and your Back to School card is perfect for our challenge at CraftyCatz this week, thankyou for joining us.xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa .Wow you have been busy .All projects are amazing .
Your fun and happy " smile" card is beautiful . Love the punched edge . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lisa
Fabulous card love the Back to School one thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one adorable collection of cards , I love the papers and the images are adorable,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our challenge 94 Back to School

I have some Calorie free Candy if you are interested.

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Merry said...

All your cards are so wonderful....terrific layouts. I really like the first card...wonderful take on the inspiration photo.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable cards, Lisa!! Love them all. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at By LORi Designs and The Pink Elephant!!
Hugs~
Sheri

Sheri said...

All 3 cards are wonderful but I LOVE the color in your school card and that adorable image! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".