Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall Yesterday and Christmas Today!!!

   I want to start by sending out praying and thoughts to everyone who has been or is being affected by Hurricane (now Tropical Storm), Irene.   I feel very grateful that the storm seems to have really fizzled out and at least so far, it's pretty much a windy rainy day here in Northeastern, Massachusetts.   I'm also even more happy that we have power and HOPE it continues to stay on.   It has flickered several times, but thankfully has come back!   Phew!  :) 

   Being that it is such a lousy day, it's also a wonderful day to create and today I seem to be in a Christmas mode and have several new cards to share!   My very first two cards were inspired by a new challenge at The Pink Elephant and this week the challenge is to use this fun color swatch as our theme.   I think these colors are what started me on the Christmas idea, even though I often make most of my cards in non-traditional colors.
   And based on that color scheme, this was the very first card I created and it feature Baby Levi, an adorable digi that is from Lori's store.

   This cuties is being submitted to each of these challenge and everyone is welcome to play along:

        My second card today, was also created with the same cute  from Lori Boyd, but in this case, I created a card based on this week's Sketch at the Stars and Stamps Blog - (Operation Write Home).   This is a copy of Sketch # 84, which I have copied over to share -

      And this is my take on this sketch, which I made into a cute little Thank You card, all in the same color theme.   These images are so quick and easy to color and you can put them together with any colors to make some fun sweet cards.
        This little guy was Paper-Pieced into a great top and created to submit to each of these challenges:
         Next up today is another CAS style card inspired by today's new CAS Challenge over at The Outlawz group.  Our challenge this week to was use one of your tiniest stamps and to make it the focal point on your card.   I have to admit, I found I have a lot mine teeny stamps than I had imaged, so I stamped and colored several to use for other cards.  I actually made two cards for this one, after making this first card with was a bust.  My embossing buddy is MIA and with it being so humid here today, it made my embossing not work so well, I over embossed it and my card is now also all warped!  YUK!!    Even though I like to share my best cards, I also like to share to the bad ones, so I can learn not to make the same mistake!

       This card is the 'bust' card, what will now be taken apart and recycled!

    Note:  I'm keeping the little stamped image and the bling
    for a future card, the rest with be recycled!

      After that mess, I moved on and created this card which came out much better! 

       This card will be going into my Christmas Card stash and will also be submitted to each of these challenges:
           Update:  I won Top 3 at Christmas Inspiration with this card!   Thank YOU!!

     
        And I think that will be it for now!   I have a new challenge I want to work on and it's a Sketch Challenge over at Pink Gem Designs.  I bought a few new digis from the store yesterday and know exactly which one I want to use for my card.  

        If I do finish up any more cards today - I will try and come back to share - if not please stop by tomorrow.  I'm so happy to FINALLY be feeling pretty well again and now I'm finding I am having a wonderful time creating and always looking for new and fun challenges to join.


      16 comments:

      Jen M said...

      Lisa, these are GREAT! That digi is adorable and I love how CAS your cards are. So glad you are feeling well!

      StampTramps said...

      Awfully cute!!!!!

      Brenda said...

      Lisa, I really love all these cards--I even like the bust one. I'm impressed with your productivity! You've had a busy Sunday. Hope it continues to go well for you. Thanks for sharing!

      CARLA PREDIGER said...

      Hi Lisa,
      I'm glad you found us at Christmas Inspirations and must say your cards are great. Thanks for joining us on this challenge and hope to see you with us again soon.

      Sheri Gilson said...

      Super cute cards, Lisa!! Love them all...great take on this weeks inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with TPE!!

      Unknown said...

      I love these cards Lisa, all of them even the one you said you are going to take apart and recycle. It has that style.. love it xxx

      airbornewife said...

      Lisa... these are all so wonderful. Your coloring is awesome. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

      Deborah R said...

      Love your cards and the CAS one with the ornament has inspired me to try that layout! LOVE it!

      Julie said...

      Great cards, Lisa! I love your polka dot theme on your sketch card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

      Anonymous said...

      Your cards are great, so glad you didn't get any problems from storm Irene, hugs, Lori m

      Jacq said...

      Hi Lisa,
      Gorgeous Christmas Card!!! Love the colour scheme and the layout looks fab. Love the Tiny bauble image you've used. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Forum and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
      Hugs Jacqui xxxxx

      Márcia Mattos said...

      I think your cards are beautiful!
      And I really like the one with our challenge
      Thanks for joining us at Christmas inspirations!
      Hugs
      Marcia

      Tracey said...

      Gorgeous cards Lisa (as always) - I have a box of cards that i pull apart that weren't up to par lol.
      Hope you are keeping well sweetie :)
      Hugs
      Tracey
      xx

      Brenda Dean said...

      Love your cards! Thanks for joining the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge!

      Paula S. said...

      Lisa, These cards are putting me in the mood to make Christmas cards... which is perfect for OWH. I love hoe the green polka dotted paper pieced shirt picks up on the red polka dotted ribbon in the sketch card. A great group of cards as usual!

      LORi said...

      WOW...Lisa...these are fabulous!!! Simply ADORABLE and your PP is sensational!! Bravo and TFS!! HUGS -LORI

      A Little About Me

      My photo
      Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
      Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".