Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh what a DAY!!!

   Boy, does it feel good to be almost back to normal and to continue to feel better each and every day!  I HOPE I never have a flare that bad again and pray that no one else will either.  I'm still hoping for a cure for Fibromyalgia or at least, a better way to treat the illness.

   I'm very excited that I was able to make it through the full Memory Box class I attended at my LSS yesterday.   Dave, is such a friendly and awesome teacher and we also had the opportunity to meet his family.   They've had quite a Summer traveling across the country, teaching along the way.   We were their very last stop and I'm so glad they made the trip to Massachusetts.   I'm also very thankful that my store owner, Kate is so current and keep the store full of the latest and great products and also has some fabulous guest artists.

  My next classes there will be taught by Karen Lockhart of Lockhart Stamps and I'm sure they will also be awesome.  I signed up yesterday to take two that she'll be teaching here on September 23rd.  Yippee!!!

   I also had a wonderful time shopping at the store and was very lucky to have a gift certificate and lots of Birthday cash to add some wonderful new goodies to my stash.  I bought quite a few Memory Box products and was really impressed and happy to know that all of their products are made in the USA!!!   Way to go Dave!!  I also loved hearing his story about how stamping came into his life and how successful it turned out to be for he and his family.   A really nice story of how life's upsets can sometimes lead you to a better path.

   I'm now here to share the five cards were worked in class.   The class was jam packed full of info and we did most of the coloirng, but I did not finish any of my cards until today.  I also changed a few things around to make them my own, but I love each one and now have the supplies to re-create my favorites.   This first card is actually one of my favorites and I bought the new and the wonderful background papers too!


    All of these cards were colored with Prismacolor pencils, which is not usually a fun way for me to color.  I find it really makes my hands ache too much when I need to add deep color, but I also found that because we were not coloring large images, but was easier than I had expected.   Dave's coloirng style was also easier and he is not use Gamsol, which I also liked.   I will now have the option to color these with both Pencil or with my Copics and love the variety.

   I also created two new cards today and the first one was created with a variety of challenge in mind.  It's a cute little digi image from Bugaboo Stamps and I decided since I was already working on a Fall/Winter theme that I would make another card for my Christmas Supply.
 
   I also used two of my favorite new Memory Box dies to create the snowflakes and the snow designed border on these cards - I am officially addicted to these dies and think they designs are all amazing.   I also added the Holly vine Die (shown in the class cards) and three more to my collection.


   This card was inspired and is being submitted to each of these fun new challenges:
   And my last card was a card I created just for FUN!  I did not have any challenges in mind, I simply LOVED the colors of this adorable bird and matched it up with some card stock from my Stash to make this really bright card -- good for any occasion.

 
I'm now going to rest for the remainder of the day, so that I do not end up back in awful pain.  I wish everyone a wonderful day and hope you enjoying some craft time too!!

I've been Chibi'd!




    12 comments:

    jimlynn said...

    ALL of these are fabulous!! Lovely coloring on each of them too.
    Lynn

    Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

    Wow...loving all the cards and those die cuts are TOO COOL!!!

    Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

    I went to Memory Box site and couldn't find the cost of the dies or how I could buy. I went to several online stores they listed and none carried their product. I'm in SC so that was no help either.....any suggestions?

    Doris T. said...

    Lisa these are ALL fabulous cards! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Doris :)

    Susan said...

    Hi Lisa,

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. I understand where you are coming from... cure wise anyway! My 8 year old son has Juvenile Arthritis (diagnosed at 2 and a half) and is home from school today as he is having trouble walking. He often asks when it will go away and I have to tell him that I just don't know.

    Keep strong and live each moment to the fullest!
    Susan xxox
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    Trina said...

    So glad to hear you're on the mend! This is a lovely set of cards! I'm loving those snowflake swirls on the 1st Bugaboo card!

    Linda Palmer said...

    I am so glad you are feeling better. Your cards are all beautiful. My favorite is the first one but really liked them all. Great job! Lucky you to have a LSS that has all those classes. I would love to take one from K Lockhart. I love their stamps. I don't even have a stamp store, only HL and they have never had a class in this store and its been here 25 years.

    Anonymous said...

    Lisa, glad you're feeling better. Seems this is the week for major fibro flareups, but, you've managed to make some stunning cards.

    Each one is just beautiful. Hugs, Lori m

    ThePurplePlace said...

    For Cely and any one who does not have an LSS that sell the Memory Box dies, you can also buy them online from Ellen Hutson. Her store link is: http://www.ellenhutson.com

    They are fantastic!

    PS: I know her supply is low, but she has a big order due in very soon!

    Joy said...

    these are wonderful, thanks for playing with Bugaboo! JOY DT

    Tammy Miller said...

    What great cards, thanks for joining us for our Birds and the Bees challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    Paul said...

    Buzz, Buzz, Tweet, Tweet!!! Thanks you so much for joining in with our Birds and Bees challenge at Catch The Bug. Thanks for sharing your creation and your inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    A Little About Me

    My photo
    Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
    Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".