Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two quick cards....

  Just popping in to share the two cards I created today!  The first is for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Group and this week it's all about Fabric and this week's Twisted Thursday challenge s is to use fabric in anyway on your project.  If you know me, you'll know that I can't sew to save my soul, but I did remember that I had picked up some fabric scrap way back for another Fabric Challenge.  I found that in my stash and still was not sure what I was going to do, but did thing about creating some type of Fabric Flower!  That's when I remembered that I had bought some of the new Cosmo Cricket (Glubers) a while back!   

  I broken them out, read the directions and quite easily made my very first Gluber/Fabric Flower.  It was then simply a matter of making up a design and putting it all together.  

 
    I have to give a rave review to the Glubers and just how easy it is to make flowers with these wonderful circular adhesives.   The adhesive is super sticky and it holds your fabric in place perfectly.  No struggles, no gluey mess and no burnt fingers from using a Hot Glue gun.   If you want to try them yourself, you'll find them in-stock now at SCACD.     A great deal, if you ask me and each package contains 12 pieces, so that 12 fun flowers waiting to be made!

   My second card today was created for a new Challenge over at Two Peas that is being hosted by Hero Arts.  And since I've become such a huge Hero Arts fan, I knew I wanted to play along.   I started by using a combination of Distress Stains, Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls Mist, which I added directly to my stamp.  I then stamped that directly onto Watercolor paper and let it sit for a few hours to dry.  You can use a heat gun to dry it if you want to use it right away.  I was not in a rush, so I let it air dry.   Whenever I make these types of backgrounds, I'll stamp several in a variety of colors, so that I can use them down the road.   The stamp that I used for this card is the Fabric Design stamp, one of my favorites from HA.    This is also a stamping technique I learned while taking classes from Jennifer McGuire and I love it.

   Once my background was dry, it cut it down to card-size and then picked out a matching card, from my Hero Arts Collection.   I added a smaller matching border across the bottom, and tied on some matching twine and tiny little flower charm.  To finish it off I added this pretty flower, which is from a older Prima collection, but one I love.  I then added Maya Road Pin, which I had added matching beads too.  All in all a very simply and easy card! 


  And that's it for today!   My back is still bothering me, but thankfully it comes and goes.  Once I get into a comfortable position, I seem to be fine.  It hurts whenever I have to change position or stand up.  It's hard to stand up straight, but as long as I move slowly, eventually I get there and then I'm okay again!   I just hope this is the worst of it and that it's much better soon.  I really am sick and tired and of not feeling so great and it's time for some GOOD day!! 

  Oh and one more thing before I go - for anyone who loves Jennifer McGuire, like I do, you'll be very happy to hear that she is working on a new class that will be open for registration soon.  It's going to be call Inspiration Showcase and will run from September 12-23rd.  .   Registration will be opening soon and I'm so excited and plan to sign up!    If you are interested you may want to keep an eye on her blog or on the classroom website, which you'll find HERE!!    She and Kristina Werner are also planning a Holiday Card Boot Camp for November!    Yippee!!    I know if it's anything like their Summer Card Camp - we ALL will love it and have a lot of fun! 

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Hello Lisa, I hope you feel better soon... Gorgeous cards! Love them both!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".