I am very happy and thrilled to be feeling well enough to head off my LSS (Absolutely Everything) for some shopping - and a fantastic afternoon Card Class being taught by Dave Brethaeur of Memory Box!! YIPPEE!!
This is the class I am taking and have been looking forward to it for weeks -
Memory Box Holiday Card Class - By Dave Brethaeur
Come and learn about color, blending and shading while using Memory Box images and papers and our latest dies! Each student will make 5 cards using colored pencil techniques that will make you color like a pro. We'll put color to work in analogous and complementary colors schemes to really make your greeting cards stand out! Dave will be using the Prismacolor brand of pencils.
Thankfully, my back is cooperating and I'm going to take it slow and easy. It's a short 2 hour class, so I think I'll be okay and I'll leave early and do my shopping before class! If, my back starts to give out, I can always pack up and bring what I have not finished back home!
I finally found some time yesterday to make a few cards for some of my favorite challenges that I had missed and I'm sharing them with you now.
This first card was for this week's Color Combo Challenge over at The Outlawz Challenge Group. Our colors this week were these, which I love:
Note: In the photo my aqua looks a lot more blue, but was all done in teal with BG Copic Colors. I didn't realize until now, that i really looks much different than the swatch!! Hum??
Oh, and before I forget, I was thrilled to be the second place winner at last Saturday's Catch the Bug (Bugaboo), challenge and won a new blinkie for my blog along with 4 new images! Yippee! Here is a copy of the card that won, (Shabby Chic) and also a my new badge, which has been added to my Challenge Wins/Award Page!
And my next card was created for another challenge at The Outlawz and this is for the Twisted Thursday challenge, where this week were we inspired to create a project using ONLY a Sentiment as our main image and focal Point. This is my card, which I really loved making!!
And my last card, but one of my favorites, was created for a Copic Coloring Challenge being hosted over at Crafting by Designs, a new group that I really enjoy!! The theme for this week's is one that is very popular right now and that is - Back to School.
In addition to this week's challenge at CBD, this card was also created for the new challenge being hosted at Through The Craftroom Door, which you'll find HERE! The current challenge is to create a project using at least two different punches.
I'm so happy to be feeling better and it's been awesome to be back to crafting. I really missed it and hope this week, I'll continue to improve and have even more time to create! Wishing everyone a super Sunday - I'm just about ready to leave and can't wait to do a bit of shopping!! Crafting and Shopping - two things I totally LOVE!!!





2 comments:
Hi Lisa, so sad that I couldn't make it and very happy to hear that you are feeling good. :) Have a great time today! Hugs! Congrats on your win at Bugaboo, as always, stunning cards!
I am glad you are feeling better, i hope you enjoy your day. Your cards are wonderful BTW!!
Post a Comment