Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cards and a Cruise???

   This morning, I twisted my foolish back while I was picking up a bit in our family room.   At first, I thought I was in real trouble and had done something really bad.  When I first went to get up, I could not even stand up straight...but I kept trying and moved slowly and eventually was able to straighten out.  Thank Goodness !   So far, it's going okay and I'm now using my little Netbook and took some extra pain meds to help keep the pain level down.  I also put icepack on it for awhile this morning and I think that saved me.   Phew!  I have my next Chiro appointment, next week, but if it get any worse, I can also go in this week too, but so far...so good and I've even made a few easy cards to share with you now.

    These first few were all created for challenges over at The Outlawz Challenge Group and the first two were both created for the new Color Combo Challenge!  The colors this week screamed Christmas to me, so both cards were created with that theme in mind.




  After I had that card done and posted, I was searching through my scraps for another project and came across some scraps of red and green that were MUCH more like the actual challenge colors.  I then took them and put together this very CAS card with a simply Sentiment that I colored a bit to match the card.

  My next card was created for the new Sketch Challenge and I also have a copy of the sketch to share with you here.   I knew right away it looked like a fun sketch and I created a very simply Friendship Card.



   And next I have another fun card and this one was created for the new Wacky Wednesday Challenge that is hosted weekly by Bugaboo.  It's hosted over at Paper Craft Planet and also at Crafter's Digital Arts Center and you can play in both groups, if you are member.   I actually won this challenge once, which was a joy, becasue I won five new Bugaboo images, and they are always a favorite.

   Our challenge this week is a Color Combo Challenge and these are the colors we were provided to use in our projects:


   And this is my card, which again turned out to be one that will make a fun Christmas Card and will be added to my stash!


   And that is it for now, but I am hoping to start on one more card today and that will be for the Midweek Throwdown Challenge over at the Stars and Stamps Blog!   This week the challenge is to created 'Thinking of You' cards for Operation Write Home!  

    Oh and speaking of Operation Write Home, did you hear about the Caribbean Cruise they are hosting.   Oh, how I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go on this!!  It'  a cruise out of Florida to the Eastern Caribbean and it's also a Stamping Cruise -- fun and in the sun and crafting for a wonderful cause.  How awesome is that.   I really have been seriously thinking of how I could possible go and I'm wondering if anyone I know is going and possible looking for a room-mate?   I know that Hubby would go along, if I really wanted him too, but since I'm sure this will be much more of a Ladies cruise, I think it would not be so fun for him.  Plus, he is not a crafter either.   The major downside if the travel dates and taking the risk of having to fly from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale in February.   If I can some how figure out if I can go, I think I would very likely fly in a day early, just to be sure that I did not miss the departure, due to a snowstorm.  The last think I would want to do is get to Florida too late!  If anyone is seriously interested in going, please let me know!!   I would love to find out who has signed up and or is anyone from my area is planning to go! 

Click Here for Details
   What do you think?    Do you want to go on a Stamping Cruise in February and also visit some wonderful tropical islands?    Sure sounds nice to me ~ something I've dreamed of for a long time!

     Update:  I have now finished up with card for the Midweek Throwdown challenge and came back to share it with you now - It's another very clean and simple style and one that I think will make someone smile!


   I am also submitting this card to the Embossing Challenge over at the 'Through the Classroom Door' Challenge blog!   I hope you'll come on over and play too.


5 comments:

Tracey said...

That cruise sounds fabulous Lisa! Sorry to hear about your back & I hope it gets better really quickly.
Love your cards, lots of inspiration as always.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Lis I hope you are feeling better! Your cards are wonderful today! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

Jen M said...

gorgeous cards as alwys, Lisa! Hope your back feels better soon!

Mel said...

I am so happy to see that you are really creating again. I love to visit and look at all your adorable and wonderful cards. I love the sentiment and the pretty pastel colors. Thank you for joining us at TTCRD challenge.

Anita said...

Stunning cards! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD challenge.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".