I'd like to start my post today telling you about a special fundraiser I heard about this morning, from another crafty friend, Sara. Sara sent me a message and a link to her blog, telling me all about a fundraiser that has been established for another crafter you may know as, Krafty Karen. I first met Karen at 'The Outlawz' group, but also know her from several of the other craft groups and challenges we all belong too. I did not realize she had been going through such a rough time and was happy to do my little part to help out. You can read more about the fundraiser on Wendy's blog HERE!
If you know Karen and anyone who sufferers with any type of Chronic Pain illness, then I'm sure you'll relate to her story, just as I did. I've since written to her directly and hope she will continue to pursue answers to her health concerns and also to let her know how much we all care. I've found that crafters are some of the most kind and caring people, I've ever met and I'm always so impressed with how everyone rallies together to support each other through good times and bad. I hope you'll all stop by her blog and do whatever you can to help her out through this difficult time. I wish her the very best and hope she will find some relief and answers very soon!
As for me, I can relate very much to her pain and can remember those days, before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Degenerative Disc Disease. Some of these types illnesses are often very difficult to diagnosis and in the meantime it's really hard to be suffering in pain and not have any answers. As much as I never wanted to have ANY chronic illness, I was almost relieve when I finally had a diagnosis. At least it finally felt like I was not losing my mind and could then work on a treatment plan. I'm thankful now for the days that my pain is controlled, but it was a long road to get here and I would not want to be back at the beginning. I feel for her and can totally understand how she feels and I know she is not alone.
Today for me is another good day -- it's another of those gorgeous Sunny, blue sky days...my absolutely favorites and a day that I was able to get quite a bit done and not be hurting too bad. I finally caught up on some household chores and a pile of paper-work that has been sitting on my desk. All those little tasks we all seem to put aside and then next thing you know you need a day to catch up. I'm very happy to report that my pile is gone and I'm done, at least for this month. Considering I worked in Finance and Accounting for close to twenty five years, you'd think this would be a breeze! Nope -- not when you add in Fibro fog. Now, any paperwork is a chore and for some reason my checkbook, never seems to balance right on my frist attempt. In the end, it's always right, but just wants to annoy me while I'm in the process! I'm sure happy that everyone is done and now filed away !
After all that, I didn't have much time to work on any cards and only managed to get two done today, both of which were easy. Both were also created based on the newest sketch challenge and 'The Outlawz' group. I copied over the sketch to share with you here --
When I first saw the sketch, I was stumped.....I could not get that 'film strip' off my mind and kept thinking I needed to come up with something similar or maybe something in a movie theme. I then looked at it again and remembered I had this cute Heart Trio from Bugaboo, which I thought would work out cute. I printed it out and colored up my hearts in my favorite colors. Once it was done, I felt like it was too blah, so I added quite a bit of distress ink onto the image and that now I see as a mistake. I was not thrilled with the end result, but as always I'm sharing it with you here.
I have since printed out a second set to color and will attempt it again in new colors without any added Distress however in the meantime, my newsletter from Bugaboo arrived and I feel in love with this adorable new mini set!! I hit the store bought the set and then began working on my second card for the challenge, which is shown below and ended up being the one I submitted! I just love this little Mini Monsters and know I'll be using them a lot in the next few weeks.
I am also submitting my little Monster card to these challenges -- hope you'll play too!
And that's it for today! I'm now beat and still need to make something for dinner! Luckily, the guys are all set and finishing up leftovers, but I'm not too hungry - I think I'm going to have some cereal and blueberries! Yummy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".

3 comments:
Oh so gorgeous thanks for paying at CCC hugs Rebekah xx
Wonderful card Lisa. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Great job on coming up with a card the matches the theme. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugz, Patricia
Great card- fab goblins! Thanks for joining our 'G is for..' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck.
Hugs, Alison x
Post a Comment