Friday, September 2, 2011

Exciting Announcement!!

   Today I have some exciting news to share and I'm very happy to tell you that I have accepted a new Design Team Position for Through the Craftroom Door.    TTCRD is the fabulous Craft Publication created by Suzanne Dean and Marti Wills.   I have been a subscriber since day one and also have enjoyed taking part in all of the craft challenges!    I was even the lucky  winner of last month's challenge - Yippee!!


Design Team Members

  
   With Summer winding down, I knew it was time for me to look into returning to designing and when I read about the DT call, I decided to apply.  I'm very excited to have been given this wonderful opportunity and can't wait to create with all the awesome members of the team.

   I would like to invite you ALL to join the main site, which is OPEN to all!   If you would like to be a subscriber of this wonderful publication, you can find the details HERE!     Secondly, I would like to invite you to join our newest challenge, which started yesterday and can be found on the main site here, as well as on our Challenge site, which is HERE.  We are currently on Challenge # 9 and this challenge is all about TEXTURE!!    We call it - You'll find all the details HERE!

"Fun With Textures"
Use at Least 2 Products to Give your Card/ Project Texture

     We have a wonderful prize this month and it's 4 images, winners choice is from  Delicious Doodles!    Good Luck !  


    Please be sure to post your completed project at the CHALLENGE SITE - using Inlinkz.   You may also feel free to add a your project to the Main Site Gallery and we encourage you to share it there too!

   This is my 'Texture Card' that I created today.  It's also going to be a birthday card for my nephew who turns 8 next week.   My image has been colored with Copics and for my texture I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the bright orange layer.  Next I added a layer of blue/gold metallic mesh, from my stash and then created a top border with some copper foil.  I topped it all off with some matching Pezz-a-bling! 



   I want to say Thank You to Suzanne, Marti and Melanie for choosing me as part of the team.  I think we'll all have a lot of fun creating together and I'm very happy to be working with so many wonderful designers!

   I also have two more cards to share today and the first one was created for the new Twisted Thursday Challenge over at The Outlawz Group.   The challenge this week was to follow a Recipe (Go HERE for all the details).   This is my card which was created in a Fall theme.  My cute little Pumpkin image is a freebie from StampFairy, which I colored with Copics markers and edged with Distress Ink.   I then adhered the colored image to a foil circle which I cut and embossed in my Grand Calibur.   

    The card is being submitted to each of these challenges -
   And my final card today was created with for the newest challenge over at By Lori Designs and this week the challenge is to create a "Back to School" themed project, including one of the sweet BLD images.   This is the card that I created and this is my brightest and happiest card.  I went with lots of bright colors and colored up my little school girl in happy colors for Back 2 School.   The card would also work out very well for the Texture challenge at TTCRD.  It has multiple embossed layers and also used my Distrezz-it-All to add a lot of texture to the first layer.   Another fun card!

    This cute little Back to School card is being submitted to each of these fun challenge:
     I had such a fun day and I am so happy and excited to be part of a Design Team again!  My thanks to everyone for all your wonderful support!!   Hugs to you all!!


17 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Congratulations Lisa! You certainly make beautiful and fun, cute cards. I always love to see your creations.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Your cards are just awesome!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you on the TTCRD team. Congrats!

Renkata said...

Gongrats dear!

The Bug said...

Congrats Lisa!! I can't wait to get to know you better - Your work is beautiful!!
Hugs, Wini

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A big congratulations goes out to you! How wonderful for them and for you. A win win situation!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

love the cards you have created! I am so excited to be on another team with you! we are gonna have so much fun! :)

Ann said...

Yaaaaay Lis! Hope you have lots of fun! Lovely cards; especially love the look of the glazed pumpkins. :)

Kerry said...

Lisa, what an AWESOME news!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Can't wait to see more creations. Hugs!

Mel said...

Congrats Lisa, we are thrilled to have you on the team. You know how I love your cards.

Tanisha said...

Congrats on the Great news Lisa!! Thank you for sharing your wonderfull card with us over at "The Shoe"!
-Tanisha

Cammi said...

Congratulations on your new design team! I love your card - thanks for playing with us over at "The Shoe"

Pia said...

Congrats on your new DT role!
Thanks for playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards this week.

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for participating in the challenge at HeidisHobbystuggu!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Bettina L. said...

This is a fabolous card. Love those colours. Thanks for playing at HeidisHobbystuggu this month and good luck. Hope to see you back next month for a new challenge. Bettina x

Kathy said...

This is just adorable & I love your layering and coloring. Also congrats on your new DT position!! Exciting!!
Thanks so much for participating in the "Kathy's Color Pad Palette Challenge" :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Congrats on your new DT position!! Super cute creations!! Thank you so much for playing along with our Back 2 School challenge over at By LORi Designs.
Hugs~
Sheri

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".