Today, I am happy to be sharing three new cards that I created to submit to some of my favorites and I'll continue to be working on more this afternoon. My first card today, was inspired by the new Copic Coloring challenge over at The Outlawz and for this card, I started by coloring up one of my favorite digis from Wax Fruit Company. I then used Distress Inks to color in the background of my image. Next, I again used more Distress Inks along with Perfect Pearls to create the background layer for my card. That was one of the cool techniques 'Finger-Inking' that I had learned from Jennifer. It works best for me, on watercolor paper and that's what I used for this card. It also adds shimmer and more texture, to the design and that's another reason I love this technique.
This card is being submitted to each of these new challenges --
- The Outlawz - Copic Coloring Challenge - Anything Goes
- Paper Sundaes - Challenge # 88 - Anything Goes
- Crafting by Designs - Coloring Challenge - Let's Color
This card is a favorite combination of Black and White and was really very easy to create to submit to each of these challenges:
- The Outlawz - Sunday CAS Challenge - Black and White Only
- Crafting by Designs - September Week 4 - CAS Style Challenge
- The Squirrel and the Fox Challenges - Brand New #1 - Anything Goes
This card was submitted to this week's "Twisted Thursday" challenge over at 'The Outlawz' Group. This week the challenge was to include some type of 'stitching' on your project, and luckily for me 'Faux Stitching' was allowed. I created my faux stitches with a White Signo Gel Pen, they are the best!!
And before I sign off and hit my craft desk, I am very very excited to let you know that Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner will be teaming up again to host another fantastic online card class in November. This one will be called Holiday Card Boot Camp and registration opens on October 10th!! Be sure to keep an eye on my blog and I'll be sure to let you know more, as the details become available. I'll be there for sure and will be looking forward to another awesome class! I also am working on a special surprise for one of my blog followers -- stay tuned!!
My next card today will be a new one for Operation White Home and will be based on the new Sketch from the Stars and Stamps blog. If you want to join us, this is a copy of this Week's Sketch # 88 and this one looks like fun to me!!
And this is the card that I created using the sketch as my inspiration. You'll notice that I changed things around a tiny bit, but that's because of the papers I was using and changing the middle layer, show much fo the fun trees on the bottom layer!!
And now I'm wiped out and calling it a day and it was a wonderful day for crafting and catching up! Now I need to clean up my room and working on finding new spots for all the new goodies I bought this weekend, not to mention, all the "stuff" I already own! I think I need a bigger room???
These are some of my favorite supplies
and all were used to create today's cards!






9 comments:
What a productive morning you have had. The field that the card with the yellow flowers rests on is impressive. Looks like a museum piece.
All of your cards are pretty Lisa, but I especially love the purple one :) Nice job on the OWH sketch challenge too!
Fabulous cards Lisa!! TFS!
We all need bigger rooms, but we would only buy more. Way to work the sketch! TFS!!!
Great cards! Love the finger-inking technique you used on the first card!
Lisa, All of your cards in this post are fabulous. I love how you turned the square piece on the OWH card. Great idea. Gotta run, talk later.
Hugs
These are all great!
Great cards as always, Lisa! I love how you put the square on the diagonal for your sketch card - really great idea! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Fabulous cards! Thank you so much for joining us in our very first challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox, and for leaving us such a lovely comment. I hope we'll see you there again soon.
Tracey
x
Post a Comment