I'm also finishing up some cards I had started and also have a new card to share today for the weekly Sketch Challenge over at the Stars & Stamps Blog. I really loved the new sketch and have copied it here to share with you. This week we are working on Sketch # 85, which I really think is a nice classic design.
Sketch 85
My Card
I also used the sketch along with these ideas to make my card work out to fit into each of these challenges and I hope you'll also stop by and play too!
- Operation Write Home - Stars & Stamps Blog - Sunday Sketch
- Aly's Sunday Challenge - September - Add a Bow
- Crafting When We Can - Challenge # 1 - Do it Your Way
- The Outlawz - CAS Style - Favorite Subject In School (Art)
My next card is another that I created based on the wonderful inking techniques I have learned from taking Jennifer McGuire's classes. I will also be adding this card to my collection on the Hero Arts site, as this features one on my favorite new HA Background Stamp (Classic Fabric Design). A few weeks back, I used combination of Distress Inks, Distress Stains and Perfect Pearls mist along with this stamp to create several card backgrounds in a variety of colors. All were created on watercolor paper and I cut each down to card size and put them in my stash. Today, I decided to use these colors, which I thought would be fun for all and also work out well with this design. Having the backgrounds created in advance, makes it really easy to make a fun card and I'm happy I had these done.
If you LOVE to work with inks and/or want to learn how to use inks in a variety of techniques, I highly suggest you sign up to take Jennifer's Inspiraton Showcase online class, which starts on September 12th. I signed up the first day and can't wait to start! It's a fantastic prize and you can find all the details HERE!! If you do join, let me know, so I can find in you there !
I'm so excited that class is now only a week away and I know that many of the gals that took the Summer Card Camp, will be back for this class too. There is also going to be a Holiday Card Class, coming up a bit later this Fall and that one will be taught by Jennifer along with Kristina Werner! WOOHOO!!
And now back to my cards, this next one was created for a variety of challenges and was first inspired by this week's Copic/Promarker Color Challenge at The Outlawz. Their them this week was to create a project that incorporated 'feathers' and this is my take on that them with another cute Fall image from Bugaboo.
This card is also being submitted to each of these challenges and I invite you ALL to play along:
- Color Me Creative - Copic Coloring # 26 - Fall/Halloween Theme
- Through the Craftroom Door - TTCRD # 9 - Fun With Textures
- The Outlawz - Copic Coloring Challenge - Feathers
- Catch the Bug Challenge Blog - September - Anything Goes
And that's it for now! I am working on a card now for a Design Team project and totally happy with how it's coming along! Don't you just love it, when a idea works out, exactly like you hoped! :) You'll have to wait a bit to see this card, but I think you'll like it too!





17 comments:
Lisa, I, too love this OWH sketch and can't wait to put it to good use. Your card is simple yet classy !
Thanks for sharing it with our 1st Crafting When We Can Challenge :)
hugs. your Crafting by Design 'sister'~ Mindy
Great card, love the design. Thanks for joining our first challenge at CWWC. Carol DT x
Two great cards today Lis, and I really love the background you created on the OWH card! So pretty! Love the mesh and embossing on the fall card too! Hope you're enjoying a relaxing holiday weekend:)
A beautiful elegant card card Lisa and in some of my favourite colours.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting when we can challenges. :-) xx
So so cute Lisa and glad to hear you are enjoying the weekend. I just signed up for the Inspiration class too. Can't wait my friend. :)
Beautiful cards, Lisa! I just love how you inked that background stamp on your sketch card - gorgeous effect! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Lisa, your cards are all wonderful, each one the style seems to change and yet you pull off making them just beautiful. Feel good and Happy Labor Day. Hugs, Lori m
Your cards are nice! And... congratulations for being one of our TOP 3 at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Please, grab your blinkie to post it on your blog.
Great interpretation of this week's sketch Lisa! I love the big button and such beautiful papers too.
Wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can. Jamie DT http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
I love how clean your card is.
A beautiful card Lisa , so elegant.
Thank you for joining us at CWWC for our 1st challenge
Hi Lisa, hope you're keeping well :) I love your cards both different but both equally fab!
Have a lovely week hun.
Hugs
Tracey
xx
Lis...I was drawn to your card on the OWH post. Lots of visual punch. Love the twine and the button. Great job!
Fantastic cards! Love 'em both! Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug! We hope you will be back to join us soon!
Scrappy - Bugaboo Stamps DT
Hi Lisa, I just LOVE the artistry and simplicity of your OWH sketch card: the elegant DP and that big button. Wonderful!!
Two great cards Lisa! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. Hugs, Ang x
Post a Comment