Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time for a new challenge!!

   Are your ready to create?   Do you need a little inspiration, if so, I'm happy to share a new challenge with you today at Through the Craftroom Door.    We are very happy to be kicking our 10th Challenge and also introducing you to the newest members of the TTCRD Design Team.   I'm very honored to be one the new members and have been a fan of the the publication since it's inception.

     We are thrilled to have The Paper Temptress as our sponsor for this challenge and one very lucky winner will win a $25 Gift Certificate to this fabulous store.


    I'm also very happy to say that we will also be awarding three additional prizes this month as the new DT kicks off our first challenge together.   In addition to the prize from The Paper Temptress, we have these bonus prizes, ALL donated by Suzanne Dean:

One year PDF subscription to the TTCRD Magazine
One Copic Class (Winner's Choice) at the Color Me Creative Classroom
A $25.00 gift certificate to 7 Kids College Fund

   Now, I'll bet your are read to play!  TTCRD Challenge 10, will be a Photo Inspiration and Color theme Challenge!   This is the wonderful image we'd like you to use as your inspiration along with the color Green.


   Our challenge to you is to create any type of craft project, using the image as your inspiration, along with the Color Green.  You project should reflect your take on the image and must also include the Color Green.  The rest is up to your imagination and I can't wait to see what you all create.  

   We host a new challenge on the 1st and 15th of every month and each challenge runs  for two weeks.    Once you have your project completed, please be sure to add it to the Challenge Blog, using the Inlinkz!    You may also feel free to add your project to the Gallery over at the TTCRD Main Site.    All projects must be New, no back-linking is allowed.  You have until Friday, September 30th to upload your project and you may enter up to three times, tripling your chance of winning!!  Yippee!!

 Please feel free to add our Challenge Badge to your blog!


    Our new challenge and the winners of this challenge will be posted on the Challenge Blog on Saturday, October 1st! - We'll look forward to seeing you then and wish everyone lots of LUCK!   

    This is the card that I created to help inspire you to play along.   I  fell in love with the inspiration image and chose to use the color scheme of Pink, White and Green for my card.   I also loved the pink toile wallpaper, and that inspired me to paper-piece my image in a similar pattern.  My image is a digi image and can be found at Bugaboo Stamps.  The majority of my image was paper-pieced and the rest was colored with Copics on White Cryogen cardstock.   I used a variety of dies to cut layers of background papers for my image and also added added a white doily, along with two pink skeleton leaves for more layers and color.   I finished my card by adding Prima mini-roses, along with ribbon, a tiny bow and also a beaded pearl pin.  


   I had so much fun creating this card and  I'm finding it such a joy to be part of this wonderful team.   You'll also find some fabulous inspiration from the Design Team and you can find the cards posted on the Challenge Blog Here, including links to each of their personal blogs.   We'd love for you to show them some LOVE!!
Melanie LaBelle  - DT Lead
AnaRy Baumgarth  - Senior DT
Anita Autore  - Senior DT
Danielle Linton  - Junior DT
Lisa Haines  - Junior DT (that's me)
Sandi Huggett  - Junior DT
Wini Bell  - Junior DT
Jennifer Scull  - Junior DT
Stephanie Lee  - Junior DT
~~~~~~~~~~
    I'd also like to Congratulate Linda Palmer the winner of Challenge # 9!    Her wonderful card can be found on the blog today!   Yaay Linda!!   I would also like to thank Delicious Doodles for sponsoring that challenge!

   Evening Update:
   I am back today to share of the projects were worked on today in my Inspiration Showcase workshop.  It was another fun day full of awesome videos, hints, tips and inspiration!!   Today, we created an awesome variety or Rosette style flowers.   I happen to own one of Tim Holtz's Rosette Dies and that makes creating them very easy for me.   But, we also learned some bonus tips and optional ideas that you can use to make your Rosettes even more unique.  
     I created my Rosettes by using the die in my Cuttlebug, with the longer extension plates.  I have both the regular sets of plates, which is a must have for these longer dies.    In hindsight, I have realized that if I were starting all over I would choose a Big Shot versus a Cuttlebug.  I do love my Cuttlebug and use it daily, but over all, I think the Big Shot is the way to go.  Of course, when I bought my Cuttlebug, it was only $39.99, making it a great value and since I still use it daily, it's been worth every penny.  Should the time come that I have to replace it, I will go with a Big Shot, for sure.  I also have a Grand Calibur, which I love for the Grand Nestie dies, as well as it's ability to cut several shapes at the same time on a larger platform, making that another nice benefit.      

    These are a couple of the rosettes I created today and these were very basic and easy.  There are lots of wonderful options that Jennifer shared with us in class and I hope to work on some more of those this weekend. 
    I also have several more in process that are currently drying on my craft counter.  With the dampness here today, it's taking quite some time for the adhesive to totally dry!   And lastly, I have a new card to share, and this one was created using a Stamping/Resist technique ! 

    
Tomorrow, we'll be working on a new row of hearts and will have another guest designer to surprise us with some more inspiration.  Yippee!!! 
         
Have a good night,  and as always -- Happy Crafting!   

7 comments:

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Wow - your paper piecing is perfect. I didn't even realized it was paperpieced when I 1st saw it ... thanks for the close up pic. I'm so glad I'm on the team with you.

Gaynor Greaves said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, good luck and hope to see you again, Gaynor :)

Linda Palmer said...

Thank you Lisa for always being so supportive of me. I really appreciate it. I am loving this card you made for the DT post. Love the paper piecing you did. Beautiful card!

Hazel said...

I will have to go over and check out the TTCRD site, by the looks of it. Your card is beautiful and I love a bit of paper piecing but you must use a magical image to qualify for our challenge. You still have the weekend to enter this challenge and then our new one starts on monday,
H xx

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Hazel - My apologies for the misunderstanding. I have now gone back and deleted my card from the challenge and hope to work on something that will work!!

When I found it at Feline Playful, I think I missed the part about the Magical theme!!

PS; Thanks for letting me know and I hope you will come over to TTCRD and play along with use!!

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Jennifer Scull said...

oh gosh, I love those rosettes! and your card is so pretty and PINK! grins! love that amazing ribbon. gorgeous!
have a most fabby weekend, dear sweet friend! :)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".