Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another Awesome Day!!!

   I have determined that I absolutely LOVE taking craft classes and if I could do it every day, I think, I would.  I have totally enjoyed the last three days spent in my Inspiration Showcase class.  It's so much fun and really inspires me - I remember the same feeling when I took the Summer Card Camp and that's why I knew I had to take this class too.

   Today I have a new row of hearts to share and this will be the second row and all of these hearts were created using a variety of 'Dry Embossing' techniques.   My absolute favorite heart today is this Purple one, which was created with Acetate.


    I can tell you now that I love how this came out and everything on this heart was originally white or acetate.  I started with a white piece of cardstock that I colored purple with a combination of Distress Ink and Hero Hues Ink in Lilac.  I put that aside and took an Acetate cards (by Hero Arts), that I first cut into a heart shape with my Hearts A Plenty Die by MFT.  This is one of my all time favorite dies - if you like to use hearts often on your projects, this is one you'll want to have.  I bought my first one at My Favorite Things, but they are now available in several stores, even at my LSS!!  Yippee!!!

  Once I had my heart cut, I then picked out one of my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folders and embossed my Acetate Heart!   Love this idea!  I then adhered it on top of the colored heart with a glue dot.  For a little embellishment, I took a plain white flower, colored it with the same ink, and my Blending Tool and then sprayed it with a light coat of Perfect Pearls Mist by Ranger.    I let it dry (you could use a heat tool, if you are in a hurry), and then added it on top of my heart, with a little leave and a lilac gem.  If you are a Copic user like me, you can use also use your Copics to color white pearls/gems and even flowers to perfectly match all of your projects.  It's works equally well with Distress/Dye inks.  You'll see this heart again in the photo below, which has all five of the hearts I created today.


   As you can seem, I am creating everything for this new Canvas in a Purple, Pink and white theme and so far I really love how it's coming out.   As you know I took this class in person, when Jennifer taught it at my store, but I'm finding that the online version is totally new for some of the hearts and I also LOVE that we have bonus cards each day.

    The day goes by so fast while I'm working on my hearts, it's a true JOY!  I had planned on adding two cards each day, but I'm finding that I just don't have enough time and I can use these ideas over and over again in the future.  One huge bonus is that we have 'forever' access to the videos and PDF files that are provide every day and they are full of ideas and also give every detail on how to re-create every heart and card.   WOOHOO!!   I can't tell you how much I love this.    This is the one card that I have completed today and I chose to use the Faux Letterpress technique for this one.  I also used some of my left-over papers from yesterday to create my little butterfly embellishment.   My Sentiment is from a Hero Arts set and is a favorite for me ''Happy Everything".   Note:  Because this card has such soft subtle colors, it is not showing well in the photo, it's much prettier in person! 

   
     My new card is being submitted to each of these challenges I hope you'll join me:
    I'm off now, (I want to get back to my craft desk), but wanted to share two more close up images of two more of the hearts for row two.



    And one last reminder - Please be sure to stop by tomorrow, as I will be introducing you to the new Design Team for Through the Craftroom Door, which I am honored to be a part of.   We will also be hosting our first challenge as a new team!   Yippee!!!   This is one you will not want to miss, as we have some fantastic prizes and a wonderful sponsor!!   See you in the morning and as always --- Happy Crafting!!!


     Here are some of the wonderful products that I used for today's projects!   Most of these are goodies that I LOVE and use every day!!













10 comments:

Unknown said...

Those hearts are awesome! Wanna make me a banner with hearts like that to string above Lillie's crib? lol I love hearts. I'm so glad I have a baby girl in the house again!

Kim Duran said...

Wow! What an interesting embossing technique! It sounds like you had a great time at this class. And it really paid off! Because your card is gorgeous! Truly a beautiful piece. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us this week at Papercraft Star! I hope you'll join us again!

Kimberly Rendino said...

Pretty! I love the acetate one!! Mine didn't turn "white" like Jennifer's seemed to....but I'm still happy with it!

Ruby Craft said...

Hi! Just stopped by after class to say I love your hearts! Your card is beautiful too.

Sherry Kushibab said...

Thanks for sharing how you did this - I just love that purple heart and can't wait to find some time to try this.

Danni said...

You've been having fun!! Wonderful creations! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Carla Crosby said...

Beautiful!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Beautiful job!!! Love them all, especially the heart. Hope to have time this weekend to play.

Kristie W. said...

The hearts are so fun and I just LOVE the card you made! Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love the background for that awesome card. Good luck at I Brake for Challenges.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".