Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One, Two, Three....

   After having so much fun spending the last several days working on my Inspiration Showcase canvas, it seemed almost a bit unusual today to not be creating some more hearts.  But, happily I have completed my canvas and now I am excited to be working of using all these new techniques on cards!

   I realized today that I have not even touched a Copic Marker in over a week and that's very unusual for me.  I sure have loved working the inks and have been amazed at just now wonderful Ranger's Distress Inks are.  There is so much about them that I really didn't know and I'm so thankful to Jennifer McGuire for all the awesome tips and wonderful techniques she has shared with us in her class.

   Today, was another great day in class, we are now working putting a lot of the techniques to use on cards and adding some 'Finishing Touches' to our cards.    For awhile today, I thought I would only have one card to share, but then later finished up a second one and then just now I was able to put together one more, which was a bonus and turned out being one of my favorites!  
  
  My first card today is a simple and fun card that was created with some left over scraps that I kept from each day of class.   This was one of the Kissing/Stamping Technique that we did in the first week and in this case, we Stamped onto Glossy Paper.   You'll see that piece under my little Bird, which is a die cut that I made with my new Memory Box Die, and a simply gold pearl.   The other papers are from my stash and are also scrap!  This entire card, was pretty much created from scraps -  and it made it a very quick card to make.
    This second card is my favorite and is one that I started in yesterday's class.  It is pretty much a CASE of the card that Jennifer created and this technique was a type of resist, where we used Glossy Accents as our Resist Medium.   It was a brand new technique for me and I luckily owned the exact stamp that Jennifer used for her Inspiration card.   My inks colors, sentiment and card base are a bit different, but it's otherwise very much inspired by her design.   I really loved her card and wanted to try and make mine very much the same.


  And my final card today, (number three),  was also started with another scrap I had left over from yesterday, and that was the very first day I was my brand new Distress Inks to play with!  

    It's the top section of my card that was the left over and in this case, the purple, is looking very much like a deep plum color, which I love.  I think it takes on a different look depending on what colors you use with it.  In the case I was simply White/Pearl Dabber paint, which I used as the ink for my stamp.   A new technique I totally love and now I'm finally using all those little paint dabbers that have been sitting on my shelf for ages.    The papers on this card are from Stampin' Up and are from a retired set, I love "Cottage Wall".   The flower was also created with the new ink along with Perfect Pearls mist. 

 
    Time for me to say goodnight and wish you all a nice evening!   Tomorrow I am hoping to feel even better, so I can enjoy the last two days in the workshop!!  I can't believe it's almost over!!  It's been absolutely awesome!
Hugs,  and as always -- Happy Crafting!
  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, it's so nice popping over and seeing all the new things you've been working on. Love them all, hugs, Lori m

Kerry said...

Gorgeous cards again, love to stop by and check out your creations everyday! :) Hugs!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".