First, I'll start by again telling you all how much I am totally LOVING the Inspiration Showcase class that I'm taking in Jennifer McGuire's Classroom. Every day is something new and wonderful and I really can't begin to express how much I love the workshop. I also know now for certain that the Holiday Card Boot Camp will be in November and I'll be sure to update you when registration begins. You can bet I'll be in that class and will be looking forward to it very much.
Today;s wonderful Guest Designer, as Jill Foster and I was really intrigued by a wonderful technique she shared with us. It's a new way to use Sticky Back Canvas with Gelatos and I loved seeing products that I already own, and love, but don't use as much as I should. But, I think I will now and really liked using her technique on my card today. I also found I loved her blog, so I'm now a new follower and love very much her style.
My first card today was the one that I created based on Jill's awesome video. You start by taking a piece of Sticky Back Canvas and stamping on an image of your choice in Versamark. I chose this Hero Arts Stamp, which is one of new favorites. You then add Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (which I did not have), so I instead used clear embossing powder. I realize now that the UTEE would be better, because of the canvas and would likely have made my image who up even better. I will be buying some when I head to my LSS on Friday. Once you have heat embossed your image and allowed it to cool and set for quite a while. You'll then take your Gelatos and colors all over the canvas. It helps in blending if you mist it with water from time to time. I colored mine in blues, teal, purple and silver. After you have totally covered your canvas with Gelatos, you'll then want to slowly blend together the colors, which you can do with a wet wipe and or a clean cloth. I found it's works best if wet and that the more color I removed, the more I could see my stamped image. This is really a fun technique and another fun use for Gelatos. This is the card I created today with this wonderful new idea!
I am submitting this card to the Make it Monday Challenge, which is Challenge # 55. I really enjoy playing in this challenge each week hope I can inspired other to try this fun idea.
I just love how the colors blended together and love the extra texture that using canvas gives to the project! I know this is something I'll want to use more and I'm also happy that I ordered some more Sticky Back Canvas on my last order from Simon Says Stamp. SSS is one of the class sponsors and they have been awesome to us. We all received promo codes to the store and when I have order, I'll also received a bonus code for future shopping along with a freebie gift! I have placed a couple of orders for the class, and they've also made it very easy, as they have the entire class list posted at the store. Thank you Simon Says Stamp!! I have loved the excellent service and enjoyed shopping with you. And speaking of Simon Says Stamps, I'm very excited to say that today I received an order from last week and it includes the awesome new Distress Inks that Tim Holtz and Ranger released as a Limited Edition. I love Purple and since one of the new colors is a deep rich purple, it was calling my name!! This is a picture of my brand new set, which I'll be using for new projects starting tomorrow!! I know these are very difficult to find and are now out if stock at SSS, so you can only imagine how excited I am to have mine!! YIPPEE!!
And my next card today, was also inspired by one of our new techniques from the Inspiration Showcase and this is another fun inking type of technique that gives you a result that almost looks like faux suede. You'll see it in the bottom section of my card below.
This card is being submitted to the new 'Anything Goes' challenge being hosted over at Stamp with Fun. I hope you will also come over and play along.
All these wonderful new stamp ideas can be used in so many ways and this is one that I know I'll use again. I really love how it came out and think the look is very cool. I also made a few more inked flowers, all from another the Sweet Petal Hero Arts stamp and added this blue one to match this card. The wonderful shimmer you see on the flower and even on the card, was created with Perfect Pearls Mist and I have now also learned how to make my own, with Perfect Pearls Powder and water. I also bought a few extra Ranger Misters, so that I can make a variety of colors and those also arrived in my order today. I also bought some new stamps that we've used in class and can't wait to get out all my new goodies and create some more fun projects.
I have so many new ideas and this class was name perfectly when Jennifer decided to call it Inspiration Showcase, it's loaded with ideas and every day has been so fun! I know I'll miss it terribly when it ends on Friday, but I know I can then look forward to November's Holiday Card Boot camp!! Sounds fun don't you agree.
And before I go, I want to remind you all about our awesome challenge over at Through the Craftroom Door. We have some awesome prizes for Challenge # 10 and want you to play along. Please hop on over HERE for more details. I had a lot of fun working on my card for that challenge and have it here again to share!!
And now I am off to break out my wonderful new inks! I'm dying to see how the purple looks and hopefully will have a new project to share tomorrow. In the meantime, I wanted to wish you all a wonderful week and hope your day is going as nice as mine!!
Here are some images of the products I used today! I have linked most to Simon Says Stamp. They carry all of these products and were part of our class list. Of course, I already owned many of them, but I still enjoyed shopping for some new things and was very happy to be lucky enough to have found my new Distress inks, before the sold out!!

6 comments:
Beautiful creations Lis, and wow you're so organized with your pics of products used!
Lovely cards Lis!!
And you are a totally lucky ducky to have the new Timmy inks!
Gorgeous colours...very pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx
Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.
Wow...you've done some amazing techniques here. I've never heard of some of them. Thank you for the information and the pleasure of viewing your beautiful cards. :)
Thanks also for sharing with us at Make It Monday!
Good luck to you...
Lisa xx
Saw your card on Make It Monday and came for a closer look, what a great new technique. Your 3 cards are all wonderful, good luck in the challenge,
Sandy
These cards are beautiful I saw the one on MIM and I love the colour combo so had to look closer and glad I did! I saw more and all your cards are beautiful. I have not worked with those gelatos-Like the name as it reminds me of ice cream:)
Post a Comment