Monday, September 5, 2011

I simply LOVE to create.....

....I could literally spend hours in my craft-room and some days, that is exactly what I do.  I really do feel so lucky when I'm coloring or simply creating backgrounds for new cards.   I absolutely LOVE it and love how it keeps me busy and keeps my mind of of Fibro.   I'm also very thankful and happy to be feeling so much better than I had been a few weeks back and I'm also so thankful for the good days!

     It's also been so uplifting to be part of a new Design Team and I'm still so excited to be creating with such a fabulous group.  has also given me a wonderful new focus and it's a joy to be part of a team again.   There were several times throughout the Summer, where I really thought I would likely never take on another DT role, because I was afraid disappointing anyone -- mostly myself.    It makes me feel like I can still accomplish goals and it gives me something fun and exciting to look forward too!   I didn't realize, until now,  just how much I really need that extra focus and feeling of accomplishment!  WOOHOO!  Thank you again to all the members of the Through the Craftroom - Design Team for welcoming me on and also being so friendly and outgoing!  I could not be happier and I'm so glad this worked out!  :)

    This afternoon, I am her to share two new cards that were both inspired by challenges.   My first card features a sweet little Angel image from 'A Day for Daisies' and this has always been on of my favorites.  I colored her with Copics and then added ultra-fine glitter to her wings, halo and the sweet little blue bird.  I then picked out some wonderful pink beaded lace trim and added that on top of my die cut and doily layers.  If you happy to love pretty trims like this, you can find it at a nice little store at ETSY, called CreatingIsFun.  I met Martha (the owner) in one of my craft group and have been shipping at her store, ever since.  She always has a wonderful variety of trims, ribbons, buttons and so much more and it's a job to shop with her!


       My sweet Angel card is being submitted to each of these new challenges:
       My next card was one I created after seeing a Monet Themed painting that was the inspiration for a Color Challenge at Crafting by Designs.    As soon as I saw it, I was  inspired me to break out my water colors and Twinkling H20's and create some new backgrounds.   I really love taking the time to make my own and the best part is that you can use any colors and make them work for any project. 

    This one, ended up being one of my favorites today and because I wanted to use it right away I used my heat gun to dry it.  Normally, I let them dry overnight, but if you do need a quick background, using a heat gun will work fine.   This card was also really easy and fun to put together.  I picked out some matching flowers, ribbon and a white doile an simply adhered them all together on top of a pink and lavender die cut.  I added an embellished hat pin and a little charm and had this pretty card.

       This card is being submitted to each of these challenges --
  I hope you are all enjoying some time in your craft space this week and hope it makes you as happy as it does for me!

21 comments:

Jenn (Triple J Designs) said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges this week and good luck!!

~Jenn~

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMG...these are not only beautiful , but fabulous!!! You have really mastered making fantastic backgrounds....maybe I need to pull out my twinkles...haha I love that sheer flower too! My My....all just wonderful!!!

Stef H said...

wow lisa!! these are absolutely gorgeous!!!! wowza!

hugs :)

FroggieStamps said...

Such sweet cards!
Thanks for playing along with the iCopic challenge! :)
-Kelli

mom2fivekiddos said...

WOW...these are beautiful! Awesome job!!!
Kristin
http://www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

Both of these are beautiful and so well done. Thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us at Craft Your Passion. Can't wait to see more of your work!
Hugs,
Jodi

Grace said...

oh these are both beautiful! Love the monet bg! Love the sparkle on the wings! Congrats on the new DT and as a sister Fibro sufferer, I'm so thankful for your good days!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Lisa, so simple but so striking.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Monica said...

Both so pretty but I love the fairy in the first one. Just so gentle and apologetic she seems. She would melt anyone's heart in an instant.

Saw your card on MIM.

xxx Monica

Rene said...

Yay for you! Congrats! These are both so lovely...I love your little image!
Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! To be in with a chance to win this week's prize all you need to do is leave a comment for one or more of the entries this week and let them know you saw their creation on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! And don't forget the birthday blog hop!
Rene :D

Gurkiss said...

Nice card

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.
Hug Gurkiss

XxJULESxX said...

oh both gorgeous Lisa! thanks for joining us at IDIC this week! and i love the colour and design of your blog!

Winnie said...

What a stunning card, love the lace you used and the image is lovely, love the doilies and diecuts.
Thanks for playing along on Stamptacular Sunday this week, hope you'll join us again
Hugs Winnie

Kathlene said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Fibro is not for the weak of heart. Both your cards are just stunning! I saw your entry at MIM and wanted to check it out, but got a bonus card. :) TFS your beautiful work. xoxo

Scrumplescrunch said...

Lovely design and gorgeous colours on both cards saw it on MIM.
Smiles:)

jessica said...

beautiful cards!! love the colors :)
TFS and playing along with us over at Craft Your Passion!

Linda said...

A lovely card Lisa, I love the lace. Thank you for joining us at Magical Mondays and good luck hun.
Linda
x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Lisa - your card are gorgeous - I love the added sparkle too! Congratulations on your DT - it is well deserved! I pray your good day are many Lisa! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ, we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two beautiful makes. Love your first one with it's sparkle and texture. The perfect card for our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! Thank you so much for playing along with us! Hugs, Lesley

Jenny said...

I sometimes find purple hard to work with so I take my hat off to you and thank you for the inspiration. Thank you too for joining us at Hookedoncraft.

Kelly said...

Lisa what a lovely creation! That flower you have made is really gorgeous and I love the purples and pinks together.
Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges!
Kelly

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".