Thursday, September 29, 2011

A feeling of Fall....

  After a wonderful week of nice warm temperatures, I think that Fall is slowly making it's way here.  Today it's overcast and cloudy and I can feel that the rain is coming soon.   The forecast is for cooler temps and in a way it's nice to have the open windows again versus putting the AC back on.

   I'm also feeling more like making Fall themed cards and that is exactly what I have to share with you today.   Both cards were created in the same color theme, but my first card was colored with Prismacolor pencils and the second was done with Copics and Distress Inks.

   This is the first card and my image is another of the images I bought from Lockhart Stamps when I took Karen's class last week at Absolutely Everything, my LSS. 

    I am submitting this card to these new challenges:
    And my second card is a bit more whimsical and is a fun little Halloween card.   My image is from Bugaboo and this one was colored with Copics and edged with Distress Inks.  I also added a layer of 3D Crystal Accents on top of the pumpkin to add lots of shine and dimension.

   This card is being submitted to these challenges:

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Reminder --  Please be sure to stop by my HOME PAGE  for your chance to WIN this fabulous class which I'm gifting to one of my followers!!  
 
     A fantastic online Card Class - Starts November 7th!
Hosted and taught by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner!

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Both are great! Love your coloring on that pumpkin on the first card. So pretty.
Lynn

Rainbow Lady said...

Perfect card for my challenge Lisa lovely. Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

Jennifer Scull said...

both of your cards are just as cute as can be, Lisa! I love the flowers on the first one.... gorgeous! and the embossing folder on the 2nd is such fun!

Anonymous said...

Lisa your cards just keep getting prettier and so nice to stare at for a long time till I've seen everything. Hugs, Lori m

Deb said...

both beautiful cards, love the fall theme!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Linda Palmer said...

Lisa, the first card is so beautiful and the second is so fun and cute. I love them both and think you did an awesome job on both.

Carissa said...

Wow, love the beautiful image on that first card. Both cards are great. Hugs, Carissa

Kerry said...

Wicked awesome cards Lisa, yea... I'm feeling the fall coming... can't believe Saturday is October! Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Super pumpkin image. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Lori Turner said...

Love the pumpkin/fall card - very cute! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

ElizabethR said...

great pumpkin, thanks for sharing with us this week at rainbow lady's challenge. elizabeth x

Tamie said...

Love the pumpkins and the fall colors on your cards. Thanks for sharing them with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Shirl said...

OOooooh check out that expression on his face just adorable. Great card.

Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Unknown said...

What a cutie! You've done a wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".