Did you guess yet? Do you know I am talking about? If not, let me give you a few more hints. I have taken a workshop from this designer and it was very cool, I made a wonderful journal. This designer also designs products and this designer LOVES to use create with Inks, especially Distress Inks.
Any idea -- ? I'll give you one more hint and it's that this designer of one of the few Males in the craft world? I'll bet you know now that's it's the fabulous Tim Holtz! WooHOO! Yes, it's true, Tim did a special tutorial for all the students in the Inspiration Showcase and was our Guest Designer today. Of course, if you know Distress Inks well or even Stickles, then I'm sure you know that he's a big part of Ranger and has designed many of his own products! I think he is a doll and when I met him last year, it was really a thrill, he's very friendly and you learn so much in each of his workshops. I'm still hoping, that he'll be coming back again this year. If not this year, I'll bet he's back next year, as he has been a regular at my LSS for the past several years. I was so excited to see his name and project and will be back tomorrow to share my project that he inspired. It will be made with Grungeboard and is very cool!!
Today, I have had a very busy day and I'm now getting really tired, so I have a feeling I will not have enough energy to get started on that project. I took a short break today and actually was invited to lunch with Brian and Meg (my son and his girlfriend), and as much as I wanted to create, in a way, I did not want ot pass up their kindness either, so I went and met them and enjoyed a yummy lunch! Thanks Bri - I love you...and Meg too!
I had started two projects before I left and have those two new cards to share with you now. Both were inspired the Jennifer's video today and we are still working with Distress Inks, which is what I used on both cards. My first card was created two dark shares (Vintage Photo and Barn Door). I first colored an entire sheet of plain cardstock with Vintage Photo, and then took one of my Hero Arts background stamps and covered it with Barn Door ink, and just before stamping it on top of the brown piece, I misted it with Perfect Pearls mist, which also dripped a bit on the image, giving it a very cool mottled-like look. As soon as Distress Inks hit any water/liquid they react and make all kinds of fun designs.
I made my card into a Love card by added the LOVE Sentiment and another die cut heart colored with the Barn Door Distress Ink. I topped that off with a smaller heart cut from the background and added a layer of Glossy Accents to give it a shiny dimensional feel, as you'll see in this second image:
And my second card today, was also inspired and created using another Distressed Ink technique and for this one I went with a Snowflake/Winter theme, after being inspired by one of Jennifer's cards! The two colors of Distress Inks I used for this card were Faded Blue Jeans and Pumice Stone. I also used a combination of snowflake themed stamps from my stash. In the end this is the card I created and I named it Blue Christmas, after finding this cute sentiment, also in my stash.
And that's it for today friends! I am sooooo tired right now, that I can barely type. I guess that means it's time to shut down my computer, clean up my room, and rest! Before I do go, I want to thank everyone for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments you leave for me. As you can tell I am thrilled to be part of this fabulous workshop and again thrilled that I took it. I'm also very happy to know that Jennifer and Kristina have some idea and plans for offering a Christmas/Holiday Card class in November and you can bet I'll be there!
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend and I hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow! With the cool crisp air in place now, I'm sure I will get another great night's sleep. Right now, I'm looking forward to a nice hot and relaxing shower or maybe a nice bubblebath......Ahhhhhhhhhh!! Goodnight !!!
These are some of my favorites goodies,
and I put them ALL to good use today!!


5 comments:
Such Pretty Designs.....Thank you for coming by my Blog to leave comment! Loving class I took the first one as well...that Jennifer is a creative Genius!! Hugs....
beautiful cards... and very jealous you got to meet the king of distressing!
Beautiful cards, totally gorgeous cards!!
Gorgeous cards Lisa! What a great class this is!
Alison x
Lis, sounds like wonderful classes. You are so fortunate. I want a LSS!!! Sounds like a great class and I know you loved the class with Tim Holtz. I can't wait to see what you made so I will be checking back. Hope you get to feeling better.
Post a Comment