Thursday, August 25, 2011

Clean and simple....

 CAS is a style of cardmaking that I truly LOVE.   I still do not quite have it down, but really love to play along in challenges that help inspire me to create these cards.

  My first card today was created for this week's CAS card challenge over at The Outlawz Group and the challenge this week was to create a CAS card that included a handmade embellishment.   At first that really started to stump me, as I wanted to try something different.  In the end, I ended up making my card all from scraps and my flower with created with a Sizzix die and cut from some handmade background paper I made a few weeks ago.

   I went with a kraft card base and also used another Sizzix die to cut the label background.  I cut two flowers, embossed them in my Cuttlebug and then punched two circles for the center and added on a simple button.  It was an easy card to make and a perfect use for scraps.  Hope you like it.



   My second card was inspired by this week's Sketch over at the Stars and Stamps blog.   This is a copy of Sketch 83, which I copied over to share. 

   This card ended up being on of my favorites today and was actually quite easy to make.  I started with a basic kraft base, cut the pieces as shown in the sketch and then simply added some additional bling for my circle area.  The embossing on the cardstock was done in my Cuttlebug with one of my original Fall embossing folders.   I think this is a sketch I'll keep out and use often for a variety of cards!

   I'm off now to check on the latest news on the Hurricane and still wishing it would turn a lot more East.  Last I heard, it sounds like the track is moving more West and that's NOT good for anyone on the coast.  I also read a blog post from a crafty friend (Julia in Puerto Rico) and they were hit by the storm before it reached Hurricane strength, yet they suffered quite a bit of damage and she was still without any power.   That's the the hardest thing, no power, no internet, no cooking, no AC...no laundry...nothing and if it's bad it can take days to get it back!!    Let's ALL hope the track still changes in time to spare much of the East Coast!  I do NOT want a Hurricane - No, Thank you!! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful work as always, Lisa! I love the embossing folder you used for the sketch card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Paula S. said...

Beautiful group of card Lisa! I particularly like the purples and teals against the kraft in the first design.

I'm on the Conn. coast hoping this hurricane misses both of us! Stay safe!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".