Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cards, Cards and More Cards!!

   Even though I have not been posting on my blog daily, I have made quite a few new cards in the past couple of days and wanted to quickly share them with you now.   Most of these were made for Operation Write Home and the idea of making a set of Five new OWH cards, was inspired by a new challenge over at Crafting by Designs.

   Most of these cards were very easy, but also a lot of fun to make and as you'll see they are all a bit different, but most have a general theme of Sending a Hug, Hello or Thinking of You and that's what I tend to make most often, since they can be used year round.   If you are new to OWH and think you might want to create cards for this wonderful group - please visit the site HERE for all the details on how you can help out.  




   All four of the cards above were created with these really fun and cut 'pre-colored' digi images that I bought from TigerFrogg Doodles.   They make such cute cards and they are really FUN - the make me smile and I think that's why I loved them the very first time I saw them.   I also have the black and white set, so that I can color them in anyway I choose, but it's nice to have the pre-colored images when you want to make a lot of cards quickly.

   And here is another OWH Card that was one I colored with my Copics for two different challenges.  The first was the current Coloring Skin-Tones,  Challenge # 41  over at the iCopic Challenge Blog and there is also a Skin-tone coloring challenge today at Crafting by Designs.  This is the card I created to submit to both challenges.
  For this card I colored his skin very light skin tones using E00, E0)0 and E0)00, with a soft touch of R01 for his little cheek area.  My image is an adorable stamp that I bought from Whipper Snapper, when I first started making cards for OWH.  I think it's so sweet and I also own the little girl version.  So Cute!

  My next card was created this week's Copic Coloring Challenge over at The Outlawz Group.  Our challenge this week was to use your Country's Flag Colors as the main colors for your project.  Of course, that would be Red, White and Blue here in the US and I colored up a fun Christmas Card featuring one of my new Bugaboo Images.  I am also submitting this cutie to today's new challenge at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog  and this week it's 'Anything Goes'!!  WOOHOO!!


  And last, but not least I have two more very simple cards that will be sent off to OWH.  Both cards were created in a very simple Clean & Simple style and were actually fun to make.




     I'm off now to pick up my room and then relax for the rest of the day.   I've found that spending more time creating and less time being at the computer, has really been a plus.  My neck pain has been better and I'm also finding that I can make more cards and that my Mojo has returned!   Yippee!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Hugs, Lori m

Annette said...

Thanks for your email hun, I'll reply soon, but I'm so glad that you seem a bit perkier. You're so thoughtful too to make these cards for such a great cause when you're not feeling so good yourself. Stay well! Miss you when you're not on blogland so much, but I completely understand that if you're not feeling like it, it can become a chore which is what none of us want to happen. Big hugs back to you. Annette xx

Tracey said...

Oooh you have busy Lisa & these are all wonderful cards (as always). Hope you're keeping well & enjoying your weekend :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

thescrapmaster said...

Your projects are all great! Thanks so much for playing with iCopic this week! I hope to see you back next time.
Hugs,
Samantha
www.thescrapmaster.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful beautiful cards....oh my...you been busy again. I've been busy and haven't made it to some of my favorite blogs to visit, but had to stop by yours even though I do get email from your subscription. My email has changed and I'm not getting your post in the right place. AGain, beautiful cards.

Min said...

Wow Lisa, you've been a BUSY girl! These creations are all just gorgeous!! =) Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Lola said...

What a lovely set of cards and for such a great cause! I know they will be much appreciated. Thanks so much for using a Bugaboo stamp and for sharing with us this week at Catch the Bug!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".