Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A terrific Tuesday....

....another gorgeous blue sky day -- my favorite days of all, with lots of sun and nice comfy temps.  I was up and out early to head to my Chiro appointment and very happy that my spine is doing well.  It's almost like night and days compared to how much pain I had been in just two weeks ago.  Woohoo!!

     I have also been really enjoying creating much more again and I'm very seriously considering going back to designing and give it a trial for a few months.   I even sent of a DT application yesterday, in a hope to see if I can make it work.   I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out, but I really do think I'm ready to move forward and will need more to keep me busy with Fall and Winter coming next.

    Today, I have three new cards to share and each one was created with a variety of challenges in mind.  I started this first card yesterday and its' a cute little 'Back to School' card, which seems to be a very popular theme.   It's been awhile since I've had school-aged children, and as much as I kind of miss that, I don't miss the big expense of new clothes, supplies and all the other associated school fees.

    My image for this card comes from By Lori Boyd and for this project I paper-pieced her cute little outfit to match along with the set of digi papers I used for my card.    I started by picking my image and then choosing a digi paper pack that I recently bought at Shery K Designs - a store I love to shop at for my for digital elements:

    This fun little card is being submitted to each of these fun challenges:
     My next card was also inspired by a variety of new challenges and the first is the newest challenge over at the Color-Me Creative Classroom, which is Suzanne Dean's online classroom.   The Coloring Challenge is open to all and our them for this time is "Winged Things".   Everyone is welcome to play and you can join the group for FREE, all you need to do is sign up - you do NOT need to be enrolled in any of the classes to take part in the Challenge!

     This is the card that I started for this challenge making sure I used the correct colors and elements, so that it worked out for each of the fun challenges listed below.  My cute little digi is from Bugaboo and has been colored with Copics and Glitter!


  And my next card is a sweet little Angel card and this card was created with this week's Flutter-By Wednesday Challenge on my mind, but also fits in perfect with a few others!  This teeny little cutie is one of my very first rubber stamps and it's one I bought at Whipper Snapper!!   She's such a cutie -- I LOVE  Angels.

  And now I'm off to rest a bit and catch up on cleaning the disaster now sitting on my craft desk.  Tomorrow, is always one of my favorite crafting days, as there are lots of Fun challenges.   I have all day to create and do not have to go out for any appointments!  Yippee!!

   Hope you all are enjoying a gorgeous day!   I love this weather and it always helps me to feel happy and inspired!

20 comments:

inkydoodlecrafts said...

What a cute image I really like the blue gingham(I'm a huge fan of gingham). Glad you're feeling like being creative again, pain is a mojo zapper :o(. Thanks for joining us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Lisa these are three terrific cards the images, colours and designs are super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Winnie and Patty said...

Lisa--this cute little angel card is adorable!!! I love all the embossing on the flowers behind the image too! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Ruby said...

So glad you're feeling better, your cards are gorgeous. I just LOVE the blue in your little birdie one! Glad you got some purple in your cards too ;o) All the best with your application. Thank you so much for joining us over at Color Me Creative!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Lisa, each of these is so cute! and I know you will do well with the DT call. you have a great talent and such fun with everything you make. :)
thanks for joining us in the die cuts/punches challenge at Jellypark Friends, too. :)

Janeen said...

LIsa, how cute your little image is. I do so like how you embossed your die cuts like that. Thanks for entering this in the challenge for using lace over at Speedy the Cat's Blog.

Anonymous said...

Lisa each card, very cute and pretty, good luck on the DT you applied for. Hugs, Lori m

Cely said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! and I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Carol Hurlock said...

Lisa-good news about you feeling better-and look at these cards you created. All of them are just as sweet as can be. Your Speedy card is just lovely-the lace looks fabulous. Good luck in the DT. Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Challenge this week. It is a pleasure to come to visit to see what you made for us. Hope you can play again next week. Good luck in the drawing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Nicola said...

Great cards, especially the Back to school one which is perfect for our Allsorts challenge this week.
Thanks for sharing your card with us and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Designing with Debbie said...

What a sweet back to school card. I love all three of your cards they are all so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards, Your colouring is fab.
Thank you so much for entering my “back to school” challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kreativmonster said...

What a busy-bee you are! Very pretty creations, all of them!
Thanks for playing along with us at stamps&fun=CREATIVITY.

ddazzled71 said...

All three cards are gorgeous, your coloring is fabulous. I love the layers of your third card too!. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge this week over at Party Time Tuesdays.

Danie - PTT Design Team.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable Back 2 School card, Lisa!! Love the great design and paper piecing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Unknown said...

WOW Your cards are gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us at Sentimental Sunday's this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at SFC…....

Hugs
Bella

Tameko said...

Adorable cards. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Wonderful project, didn't want to miss out on stopping by even if I'm a little behind! Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays last week, hope you join us again this week.
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Suzie McFloozy said...

All great cards - you have been V busy x
Thanks for playing along at Jellypark friends Friday challenge & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".