Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guess What?

   Guess What?  Did you guess that we had snow again, if you did then you are right!  But, luckily it was only a dusting and pretty much has all disappeared.   Of course, the worst part when right before I had to head out to my nail appointment, but once I had the car running, it was easy to sweep of the snow and the roads were just wet and everything went well.
   I came back and headed up to my craft room to work on a card for this week's Challenge at the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Blog.   This is one of my favorite groups and also a new group and I've made a card for each of the challenges and really enjoyed it.  This week's challenge is "Buttons or Bows or Both" and the cards the DT members made are all gorgeous.  If you want to see some for inspiration or want to take part in the challenge, Click HERE!
  Once I picked out my Tilda Stamp I decided that I was going to try to do this in some pretty teal and mint green colors, especially since I have been making tons of Purple and Pink cards for Valentines, LOL!  This stamp is Jam Tilda and she is one of my newest and also has quickly become one of my favorites.  I love her little outfit and her long braided hair.  I picked out some matching papers and then colored Tilda with my Copics.  I then used a Spellbinder Scalloped Oval die to cut her out and adhered her to two more scallops in light teal.  I embossed the bottom scallop with one of the new embossing folders from my new "Asian" theme Cuttlebug Set.  I found three pretty lavender buttons and made a matching bow with my Bow-easy. I put it all together and this is my card -- I just LOVE Tilda...


 
   Today, has been a really nice day for me.....a nice relaxing nail appointment, then I cam home to find a big package of goodies from Stamping Scrapping, full of all kinds of great new things.  One thing that came today are my very first "Bildy" Stamps, which I am very excited to have.  I'm a huge stamp fan and recently have been admiring this line, which like Magnolia are from Sweden.
    I'm off now to stamp my new "Bildy" images and start coloring them and the deciding which I want to use for my first card. I am hoping that I will be able to get a card completed in time to submit to the first challenge "Color Me Happy".   If you already have your first Bildmalarna stamps and want to take part in the challenge, hop on over to the Bildy Blog and you'll find all the details for their new challenge.  The first challenge ends tomorrow, but you still have time, if you start today!!

     Happy Crafting!! 

12 comments:

JustYolie said...

SHE'S SO SWEET!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us!

Vivi Casale said...

Lisa, your card is gorgeous!
I love the colors you used on your card!
Image is cuuttee!
Thanks for joining us at MSL Challenge Blog!
xxx
Vivi

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you Yolie and Vivi,

You are both so sweet, thanks for the nice comments!

I have been having so much FUN with these challenges and just LOVE LOVE LOVE making cards. :)

I'm working on another one now for the "Bildy Challenge". I HOPE to have it done soon!

Unknown said...

Great creation Lisa, I just love your card!! Thanks for joining us this time at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!! Hugs, Stephanie

Cindy said...

Lisa, ole buddy - great card. Love the colors and the coloring. It's a pleasure to see you back at MSL again. Cindy2

ThePurplePlace said...

WOWeeeeeeeeee! Thanks girls!

...You are ALL so nice... - I LOVE all your cards too! :)

LindaC said...

Pretty card with the purple and aqua. Thanks for participating in the Magnolia Stamp Lovers challenge.

Patti Jo said...

Love your color combination! Really cute card and welcome to the Magnolia-licious group!

Shelley said...

One of my favorite stamps. Love the colour combo! hugs Shelley

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very pretty Lisa!! I love the colors you used and your Tilda looks adorable. Your buttons and bows are perfect. thanks for joining us at magnolia stamp lovers!!!!! and have fun with your bildys.

scrappyella said...

Hi Lisa,

This is an awesome card. I do love purple too. I have a friend here who loves purple as well. Thanks for your email. You are right this image is Jam Tilda. I just made up my own post title. My card has a sentiment of "With Love". so I thought of the title with love, Tilda :) You are right, we think alike.

hugz,

Femy

anaRy said...

You go Lisa! Nice work here with the minty colors!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Magnolia Stamp Lovers
Anary MsL DT

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".