Sunday, February 14, 2010

Winter Wonderlnd - Christmas Blog Challenge!!

....Yippee!  I found another challenge that will help me get ALL of my Christmas Cards done very early this year.  Today I am submitting a card to "Winter Wonderland" Challenge blog.  The challenge this week is a Color Combo Challenge and the colors you need to use on your project are - SATSUMA, GOLD AND CHOCOLATE. 
    As first I admit the colors did scare me a bit, but since I really enjoy making "non-traditonal" cards, I knew I that this would be fun.
    I started with an "Itty Bitty Betty" image and in this image Betty is 'decorated" as a little Christmas Tree.  I have used this image a few time for Christmas Cards and she is one of my favorites.   She comes from "Pink Cat Studio" and you can buy her here, if you like her as much as I do!!
   And here she is  --  Isn't she a little doll! 

    I started by coloring her with my Copic Markers and then added some highlights in "Gold Stickles" on her star and some of her ornaments.  I then ran her through my Xryon and adhered her to an embossed scalloped circle was was layered another another piece of embossed card stock.  All of which I added to a Chocolate colored cardstock base.  I added some pretty ribbon and a few card gems and she was done!  A quick an FUN card!   I really love this image and I know she'll be used often on my cards! 

12 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Lisa
aww fabby card great image,luv the embossing, thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Lisa so glad we can help you along the way getting your christmas cards made it does make it far less stressful come November. I love your card it is adorable and a great image. Thanks for joining us this week at WW this week hugs Pascale

Joey said...

Hi Lisa

fantastic card, love the layout, these pink cat images are super cute. Thanks for joining us this week at ww

Joey.x

Lesley said...

Hi Lisa..this is fab!! what a cute image...thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week...hugs Lesley xx

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Hi Lisa,
She`s such a cutie. I love all the embossing you`ve done and the colour combo for the challenge is fab!
Hugs Val xxx

Unknown said...

Lisa how cute is this image, fabulous, stick with us and you will have such an amazing amount of cards for xmas....many thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Lynda said...

Hi Lisa, I think the colours scared a lot of people this week me included but I just can't believe what gorgeous cards are being created using it. Yours is fabulous and I just love that cute image. Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

Lynda xxx

Danielle said...

Awesome card Linda! I love the cute image and the embossed background! So glad you found our challenge blog and thanks so playing along this week! We hope you will come back and play some more!
Hugs, Danielle

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for stopping by and taking the time to leave such nice comments. I have had a LOT of fun blog hopping and joining in all these FUN new challenges! I know I'll be very happy when I have ALL my Christmas Cards done EARLY this year.

This is such a great idea! :)

Fabiola said...

adorable tampon et jolie carte bravo

Teri said...

What a fabulous image! And you have used the colours brilliantly!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you ALL very much for the kind compliments! I had a great time making the card and I plan to be back next week too!

I love the whole idea and think you are ALL very talented!

Happy Crafting!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".