Saturday, February 13, 2010

Smiling on a Sunny Saturday!!

....What a wonderful day it is here and it feels so GOOD!   The sun is shining brightly, the skies are a brilliant blue and the temps are not even that COLD....it's NICE!   This nice sunny weather is also really good for my Fibro, which is a plus.  I had such a stressful day yesterday that I finally crashed last night and decided to not let things get to me so much....otherwise I'm going to feel awful all the time and that is NOT good!  Today is going to be MUCH much and I'm HAPPY!   I slept pretty good and I am feeling like things are looking up.   It's school vacation week here and I can sleep in for the NEXT several days and that is another plus.  Yippee!

  After I finished my morning chores, I went right to to my craft room to get back to work on two cards I am submitting for new for Card Challenges.  The first one is this super cute Valentine that I made for Alex.  I created this card, based on a Recipe Challenge over at "A Spoon Full of Sugar".

 

  They are giving away a great prize this week, which is a $15.00 Whimsy Stamp Gift certificate and I would LOVE to have it, as they have some adorable images.   If you have never shopped there, hop on over "here" and check out the store.  This card is being submitted for Challenge 90 and the "Recipe" for this challenge is to use -  Patterned Paper, Embossing, Buttons and Ribbon and I think I this card should work out well.  I colored the little "Froggie" with my Copics and had fun making it this morning.  I think Alex with get a kick out of it too!

   I think this is ALSO the very last of my Valentine's for this year and I had blast making so many different cards.  I'm off now to work on a "Snowman" card for another challenge and will be back to post that next! 

   

No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".