Friday, February 5, 2010

A sick child...and a Crafty Friday

   Today, did not start out so well in our house.   It started badly, when Alex (my 17 year old)...woke up at 3 AM sick with one of those horrible  stomach bugs.  It's been a long time since he has been this sick and I sure HOPE it passes quickly.  He can't keep much down...and is thankfully now sleeping.  When he finally went back to sleep (this afternoon), he still couldn't keep much down..even Pepto, but I do hope when he wakes up again, he'll be better.  It's hard seeing your kids sick, even when they are older.  Luckily, he doesn't have a fever and hopefully will bounce back quickly.  When I called him in to school and work, they said there was a nasty 24 hour stomach bug around...I just HOPE that is it and we will NOT catch it. 

  I'm staying away, except when he needs me.  I cleaned up this morning, did chores and made sure he didn't have a fever.  I went out to pick up some ginger ale and he is just barely able to keep a few sips down...I sure he feels better when he wakes up again....there is nothing worse to a Mom, then seeing their children sick.....

.....In the meantime, I'm staying quiet and up in my Craft Room working on challenge cards.  I have been mostly colors, but I did finish one new card for the "Cute Card Thursday" Challenge.  If you LOVE challenges, like me...then hop on over to their blog and you will find all the details.   This is my submission card  for Challenge 98 - Spots and Dots!! 


   I made this card with one of my newest digi images and this one is called Cloud 9 Leah and I bought it from Whimsie Doodles, a really cute digi site that I found out about from "The Frugal Crafters" Group last week.    If you like digi stamps, then you'll likely found some cute images at Whimsie Doodles and you can go here to download one of the FREEBIES!!   I think they are really cute, so I bought a few for my cards.  

  I also found out that Whimsie Doodles has a group on PCP, if you are interested, you can find it here!!  I hope to check out some of their challenges too! 

   Off to create and check on Alex.......As Always....Happy Crafting!!

5 comments:

JustYolie said...

I so love your creations!! I hope your son feels better soon!
{smiles}
Yolie
http://justyolie.blogspot.com/

scrappyella said...

Hi Lisa,

I am sorry to hear your son is sick. You know what, I had to stay home today too. My 13 year old is sick his stomach is sore and both his ears. A little fever that is it. So while at home today I sat in my living room and tried to figure out how to crochet mini hearts & I made so far 4 tiny hearts & four flowers :)

I hope your son will feel better soon. Mine, I see seems to be feeling much better since he asked for some food. I will still keep an eye on him just in case....

Have a great weekend.

Femy

Deb said...

beautiful card, hope your son is better soon and that you don't catch it! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you ALL very much for your sweet compliments and even more for wishing my son, (Alex) well!

He is now sleeping again and I HOPE very much, he'll be feeling a whole lot better in the morning! I just pray this is a ONE day thing and that he isn't sick for long!

Hugs,
Lisa

Melyssa said...

Awww how sweet a card! The glitter and colours are perfect!

Hope your son feels better.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".